cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I Lied

DebiD
0 7 7

I lied! I'm going to keep writing blogs after all until I have more days under my belt!!! I like talking things out, so this helps me. Besides, as others said, if they don't want to read...they can pass the blog up.

Last night I read more of Allen Carr's book (so glad I bought a hard copy...highlighting passages that strike a cord with me) and I'm just so happy this book was recommended.

This morning when I woke up I had the slight feeling like when you were a kid on Christmas morning. True statement. Why? Because I am a quitter! I do have a slight headache again, but I really think that's because I've cut down on caffeine. Yes. I am also a caffeine addict. As long as I had a cigarette in my mouth, there was a soda in my hand. For me those went hand and hand. Soda to me is NOT a trigger. I'll try to explain. Since I didn't like the taste of smoke, I drank soda. To me it covered up the taste in my mouth. Maybe it was the bubbles that made it seem that way. Anyway...I drank a lot of soda (diet). A.LOT. Ashamed to admit, but could easily drink a 12 pack or more. Now that I quit smoking, I don't need it for that reason anymore. In fact now it just makes my mouth taste "sugary"...so I've cut down to about 4-5 a day (I still enjoy a soda now and then). Just mainly drinking water now, and some juice. I hope to even cut back further on those 4-5 a day, but will not push it right now.

So besides the slight thumping going on in my head, I'm still feeling and doing great. When I think of wanting to smoke (and it's not often), I'm now adding a nasty thought into my head. One time I was in the kitchen and I spilled water on the counter by accident. My cigarettes happened to be sitting there and some got wet. I took those that I could tell were wet out of the pack and threw them away. I didn't get them all! I went to light one, and when I inhaled, I sucked in the nastiest water EVER! I cringed. That is a memory I want to keep because it grosses me.

On to another smoke free day (Day 7)! 🙂

7 Comments