cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I just plain lied!

promise_judy
0 12 78

Stranger things have happened to me since I quit smoking 250 days ago but this one was just crazy!

Well sunday as I was about to leave my job, I decided to make a potty stop before I caught the bus. My relief was outside smoking a cig. and I told her to watch the front cause I was making a pit stop before I left. I had left my purse on the couter beside hers and when I came back she was inside--so, I said goodbye and left.

Ok, now I am on the bus and I get a call on my cell--it's my relief asking me if she put her pack of cig. in my purse by mistake? What did I do? I just plain lied and said "NO I AM SORRY!" Well, I was sitting with a friend who rides the bus too and after I got off the phone I asked the friend "check my purse and if there is a pack of cig in there please take them out and get rid of them for me". She did and I could tell that she found a pack cause out of the courner of my eye I saw her hand go into the purse and take something out and put it in her pocket.

No I think I felt a little quilty about the lie but the way I see it--I am on the bus. she has a car (to go to the store), and I was frankely just afraid of the temptation those cig would have cause me.

The way I see it, if you want to smoke them thats up to you, but don't leave them were I can see them.

LOL

12 Comments