cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Out of No Man's Land...

Brenda_M
1 13 5

My 131st day of not smoking started 6 hours ago...I wanted to find a cool picture that captured someone trudging out of a desert but I couldn't really find one, nor do I know how to post one, if I did.

On reflecting on this milestone, I don't really remember any of the terrible, strong, out-of-nowhere cravings that were possible during this time. Maybe because I moved to a whole new place, I didn't have any real connections. Mostly, my cravings were intellectual...I'd think, "at a time like this, I'd be smoking right now."

My quit clock says: Four months, one week, one day, 6 hours, 17 minutes and 16 seconds. 2214 cigarettes not smoked, saving $650.15. Life saved: 1 week, 16 hours, 30 minutes.

I like the life saved part, because it's 5 minutes for every cigarette. I know it's not an accurate description of how much longer I'll live, but I like it because it took me about 5 minutes to smoke a cigarette. That means that I have not spent 1 week, 16 hours and 30 minutes outside, in the cold, suffering the indignity of being exiled with my filthy addiction. ONE WEEK. Isn't that amazing?

Even though I'm not sure this was a big deal, considering the ease with which I got through it, I still want to celebrate with a massage and a pedicure, just because, hey, I want both. 😃

Thanks for the support, guys. Love you!!!

P.S. Still in touch with Brelar via letter...she's doing well and is hitting her 4-month milestone soon, too!

13 Comments