cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day Three

Moonink
1 5 101

Yesterday (my day 2) was soooo hard to get through without smoking. I didn’t smoke but I was grumpy all day and also became morose and weepy. Really doubted if I would be able to get through all this and if so, at what cost. Finally wrapped the day i by going to bed early. I hope today is better. In the past, when I have quit, if I can make it past day 3 it gets easier and I’m hoping that will be true this time. 

5 Comments
Barbscloud

@Moonink Congrats on 2 day of success.  What you're experiencing is normal for quitting nicotine.  Even though it can take weeks for nicotine to be gone from your body, withdrawal typically peaks at 3 days.  Focus on your goal.  You got this.

Have you identified some tools to us to help with withdrawal?  We have our favorites.  I liked Sour Patch Kids, chewing on straws, and playing video games.. Walking has helped many of us, but I assume you can't do that right now. There are other excises you can do when your mobility is restricted.  Anything that will increase dopamine now is important:  exercise, listening music, laughing, etc.

Deep breathing exercises are also a big help. 

Barbscloud_1-1682518700852.gif

Listen to your body right now.  Some quitters need to keep moving, while other's need more sleep. 

Stay close.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

The first days of a quit suck; they just do!  Just get through them however you can.  Deep breaths help, taking a walk in nature helps, understanding what your body (and mind) are going through helps, taking each day as it comes helps, not looking further ahead than that. 

CELEBRATE each day won, knowing it IS going to get easier.  Hang in there until it does.

Nancy

McMoney

It really does get easier.  Believe you can make it through no matter how hard it gets because it’s true.  Hang in there! Distract yourself and wait it out.  Starve the addiction. You got this! 

champsin97

Absolutely you can do this.  Stay strong and fight your ass off.  One hour at a time if need be.  Drink lots of fluids and sleep as much as you can.  You got this!

jonimarie

You are doing great @Moonink . For a lot of us moody was part of the early quit. The only way out is through it. Soon the dowdy moods will turn into man am I feeling good!