cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

ash2lar

Stress

SO I have quite a dilemma going on with my health, it's related to my osteoporosis and the need for surgery in places.

My right side has been compromised for >4 years now and getting worse. The cause for my persistent numbness eluded my providers. But now, I think it's related to the severe spinal stenosis in my lumbar spine. I need 2 fusions to correct the problem, but my **bleep** density is not great. So now I need to go back on Tymlos daily injections to build up more **bleep** so I don't have complications down the road.

On top of this, I have a torn labrum in my R hip and other issues, but no arthritis. I saw an orthopedic surgeon who recommended a total hip replacement. Having no arthritis in my hip, I feel it's a heavy handed approach- there are no ortho surgeons locally that do arthroscopic hip procedures. So I'm in the process now of getting approval for the Tymlos, and a consult with a surgeon that will do arthroscopic labral cartilage repair. 

We were planning to move back to Colorado this year- but with my need for spinal surgery,  I'm having my doubts..since my spouse needs hip surgery as well...Thanks for reading! This 

Labels (1)
6 Replies
PastTense

Oh my stars!  You have a LOT going on right now.

I don't know what most of the medical stuff means; but I do know that not smoking helps healing.

Wishing you all the best outcomes

Keep the quit

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
Christine13

I'm so sorry for what you are going through.  I am hoping for a better outcome for you after your surgery.

indingrl

Thank you for sharing and I am sooo glad your staying a non smoker over all this pain and doctors and your husband and moving too - GOOD JOB hanging in there💖

JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry for your dilemma. I hope you will do what you think is best for you as far as surgerys go.  Being a nonsmoker will make your life a lot easier.  

I hope you will get all this worked out. Anything that has anything to do with your health and your body, it’s so difficult. Good luck to you. There’s got to be a solution!

green1611

God helps you in building up strength. You are strong, and will go through this phase boldly.

Thanks for sharing, and hope you recover fast from current medical issues. All the best !

NOPE is key to go through this time... you know it.

0 Kudos