cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Wozlik

Stressed!

Jump to solution

5 days, ten hours, 53 minutes without a cigarette and I have to go help my family move my mom into independent senior living.  Talk about triggers!  I’ve got water, my fake smoking tube necklace, lozenges, and the support of this community behind me.  I do feel it’s possible to be smoke free today.

Labels (2)
5 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@Wozlik Stress is a real trigger for just about all of us.  Remember there will always be stress in our live whether we smoke or not.  You go this.  Use your deep breathing exercises.

Barbscloud_1-1684676771013.gif

Sorry to hear about your mother.  I've been there with a few family members.  It's a difficult change for all members of the family.

Hang in there. 

Barb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Maki

Of course you can do it , because you don’t smoke you are calmer now and you don’t let things that were once triggers affect you so very deeply .
You acknowledge that the trigger is there but you don’t feed that trigger you feed your inner spirit praise and honor , and give thanks that you have this precious 5 plus day quit in which you are keeping no matter what .
Helping your mom is maybe a good distraction to what might have been a long day thinking on the craves on your own at home . I know your mom appreciates the help and love . Sometimes moms don’t show that or family appreciating help but they do 🙂 
Getting out can help afterwards to de stress .. Maybe a plan to reward yourself after the job is done with something small like a specialty tea or specialty treat or a peaceful walk , to help with your quit or another EX Community visit with friends here to shout out you did it !

You can do this @Wozlik with peace in your heart and less stress .Remember the breathing excercise can bring  anxiety down by counting down .  Imagine it if needed . Sending peace , strength and encouragement to wash away all the stress and that you have a good day and a day won . 

biscuit9

You did it.  With each and every "test" you pass, you get stronger and the nicotine gets weaker.  You are overcoming.  I understand your nervousness about it all.  Nicotine was so entwined in our lives.  We used it for everything, so you are learning how to live without it and that takes a little time.  Glad to see you are using your tools, that is what they are there for, so USE them.  Distract, delay.  Remind yourself, I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!  Then do the healthy thing.  One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time.  You are getting through hell week.  Celebrate your FIVE days with no nicotine, because you are winning.

MarilynH

I'm so sorry @mmossien40 for the stress that you are under! Deep breaths and know that we're all here to help you in any way we can hopefully you'll be able to get back to your precious quit journey! You can do it, believe it! 

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Barbscloud

@Wozlik Stress is a real trigger for just about all of us.  Remember there will always be stress in our live whether we smoke or not.  You go this.  Use your deep breathing exercises.

Barbscloud_1-1684676771013.gif

Sorry to hear about your mother.  I've been there with a few family members.  It's a difficult change for all members of the family.

Hang in there. 

Barb

0 Kudos
Maki

Of course you can do it , because you don’t smoke you are calmer now and you don’t let things that were once triggers affect you so very deeply .
You acknowledge that the trigger is there but you don’t feed that trigger you feed your inner spirit praise and honor , and give thanks that you have this precious 5 plus day quit in which you are keeping no matter what .
Helping your mom is maybe a good distraction to what might have been a long day thinking on the craves on your own at home . I know your mom appreciates the help and love . Sometimes moms don’t show that or family appreciating help but they do 🙂 
Getting out can help afterwards to de stress .. Maybe a plan to reward yourself after the job is done with something small like a specialty tea or specialty treat or a peaceful walk , to help with your quit or another EX Community visit with friends here to shout out you did it !

You can do this @Wozlik with peace in your heart and less stress .Remember the breathing excercise can bring  anxiety down by counting down .  Imagine it if needed . Sending peace , strength and encouragement to wash away all the stress and that you have a good day and a day won . 

Wozlik

Made it and all is well.  Got sometime with my daughter asa bonus because I didn’t expect her to be there and we were able to leave at a reasonable time together. My family makes everything a BIG thing 😂.  Thanks for being here. 💕

biscuit9

You did it.  With each and every "test" you pass, you get stronger and the nicotine gets weaker.  You are overcoming.  I understand your nervousness about it all.  Nicotine was so entwined in our lives.  We used it for everything, so you are learning how to live without it and that takes a little time.  Glad to see you are using your tools, that is what they are there for, so USE them.  Distract, delay.  Remind yourself, I DON'T DO THAT ANYMORE!  Then do the healthy thing.  One day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time.  You are getting through hell week.  Celebrate your FIVE days with no nicotine, because you are winning.

Wozlik

♥️🙏🏽🚭

0 Kudos
MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS @Wozlik you are doing super fantastic with your precious quit journey YAY for each and every day WON! YAY for Freedom! 

0 Kudos
Maki

582C764D-3A19-4ABC-921D-CDCB38136441.gif
    WTG @Wozlik  

mmossien40

Very mentally stressed today. Smoked to handle.  Not good. Instead of going for a walk to relieve my stress and anxiety. I lite up. I'm exhausted and have a headache now.  My PayPal account was hacked for 741.61 and my new insurance which had my psychiatrist listed as in network is not. 😤🤯😫