cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

so my sister fell off the wagon

jconfusion
0 12 131

she made it over 250 days but some chick at her job at taco bell traded her meth for a pack of smokes...i don't know all the details but I'm very very disappointed  the first time i heard about this when she got help after the first slip but she did it again and dropped dirty with meth in her pee and is now in jail... sighs sorry I'm just upset..

12 Comments
Posamari

(((Hugs)))

It's got to be tough watching from the sidelines.

If only she had the same  strength in quitting as you did.

jconfusion

tried telling her to stop talking to her old meth buddies and drink  to take the edge off want meth..she never even restarted the program again. 

jconfusion

Posamari‌ im a unique and crazy person... i just got lucky..

lqsi12

Sorry to hear bout your sister, the life of us that are addicted no matter what the substance is tough.  So how are you through this, surely you're standing strong.  Your strength can be a helpful cornerstone for releasing her from the addictions she has, if you're able to be there for her, which surely it's what you wish to be.  Thoughts for you both in prayer, that things improve. 

sweetplt

Sorry to hear this ... 

MarilynH

I'm so sorry to hear this, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family I'm sending you a huge caring hug. ♥️

Barbscloud

Sorry to hear this.  All you can do is continue to be there for her.

Mandolinrain

Very unfortunate and very sorry to hear this. Perhaps she has not 'hit rock bottom" yet? It is her journey though and only she can set the pace and make the choices. She is very fortunate to have you as a sister. Its so hard on family members to watch helplessly as a loved one makes the choices as she has. Hugs to you and prayers.

jconfusion

thank you everyone,  I'm sorry i only have bad news when it has to do with my sister...ill keep you all posted

elvan

jconfusion‌ Addiction is terribly powerful and I have been on both sides...an addict and a co-dependent.  I honestly believe that being an addict in recovery is easier that watching someone you care about fall down over and over and over again.  I am thinking of you and sending you love and hugs, what a sad disease addiction is, what damage it does to everyone in it and around it.

Love,

Ellen

Kimchristensen1

Meth is the ugliest of drugs. My heart goes out to you.

MarilynH

I'm so sorry Sweetie! I'm sending you a humongous caring hug along with good thoughts and prayers......