Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

look what I woke up to this morning...

JonesCarpeDiem
0 14 65

14 Comments
KJay
That's a pretty stunning eye-opener. Thank you for sharing it.
Giulia

Wow. And good morning to YOU said God!

"studies show, you'll likely see more sunrises if you'll quit smoking."  Yeah, that's because your sleep patterns are TOTALLY  disrupted for a while!  LOL

Breakinchains

I still miss the San Diego sunrise, lol. 

JonesCarpeDiem

Well gee Giulia, I was thinking more about having a longer life than sleep disturbances.  🙂

SuzieQue

Breathtaking!!! Thanks for sharing 🙂

Christine13

Lovely, so many sunrises to see now!

freeneasy

San Diego sunsets are pretty nice too (:

JonesCarpeDiem

We used to have an ocean view till the neighbors trees grew and grew. This picture was right outside my door.

Magstoyou

Yeah Dale

Nice picture

It's amazing how much more you see in nature than you did before quiting smokng.

I was so much into my smoking, my view was filtered and not clear!!

Mag1201DOF

Dotgirl_1-28-16

...and nobody can stop you from smoking but you. What a great message and pic! 

MarilynH

Great pic and a great message ! 

jonilou

Thank you, Dale. Lovely pic and great message too.

Daniela2016

Sunsets in Arizona are some of the most beautiful things I have ever seen!

Thanks for the message Dale!

Image result for sunset in arizona

elvan

WOW to both of those photographs...Dale's is peaceful and Daniela's is so vibrant.

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.