So be like a flea

and cut the crap

10 Comments
Giulia

HAHAHAHAHAHA HA!

SimplySheri
Lol...goofy fun!
elvan

I ordered some stuff from Amazon that was recommended to me by Judy from the site to keep spiders out.  It says that it also works on fleas.  I really don't know the result, supposedly it does not work if it's wet.  I need to try it around doors and windows, I am so terrified of spiders that I become irrational.  Then again, my brother in law, had a flea infestation in his apartment once when we were staying there and I was screaming because they were all over my legs.  Let's face it, I AM a wimp.  This is what I ordered:

Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth - 6 Pound - Non-Toxic Organic, Powder-Safe for Humans, Dogs and Cats

bonniebee

hahaha good one Dale !

MarilynH

EXcellent lyrics Dale and great advice for our quits, cut the crap and quit for your lifetime. 

Ed55

Egad man! Henry Wadsworth Jonescarp!

That's a good one alright

NewMe

Again Dale, you put me to shame. Here I am cursing and fuming because we seem to have adopted a new SuperFlea here this year that is immune to all the previous treatments. Wah, wah, wah. And here you go, writing a cute little ditty about the problem. Actually, as soon as it cools off a bit, I'm headed out to treat my yard with something I bought at Lowe's that says it's safe to use around pets and humans. I also bought a product made locally here in Austin that's organic by a company called Wondercide. Stinks to high heaven, and it is not cheap, but it did a lot to treat the infestation in the carpet. If you can stand the smell. My cat and dog smelled it, and chose to stay out in the heat for quite awhile. But it seemed to work. I've also read to use food grade Diatomaceous earth, and that may be cheaper (?).

shashort

Haha Dale love your little ditty 🙂

ShawnP

I was just going to type what Sheri put. DE dust food grade. It works the best and is safe to use.

TerrieQuit

Love the lyrics, Dale! Sorry that you are struggling so bad with the fleas!I hope you can find something that works!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.