cancel
Showing results forΒ 
ShowΒ Β onlyΒ  | Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Share your quitting journey

YAY for 10 yrs of Freedom for my hubby Mark! πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆ

MarilynH
5 7 166

I remember only to well worrying about Marks cough that was happening more often especially at night so he finally made up his mind to quit, he was still working away alot at the time plus he worked with several smokers but he was determined! He also saw his Dr and had chest xrays plus a CT scan when he saw his Dr again and found out he had mild copd he'd already had over a month quit!I figured I was fine so I kept on smoking, outside of course which we'd been doing for yrs anyway I had a Dr's appointment that June the Dr listened to my chest and sent me for a breathing test which showed mild copd! Anyway to make a long story shorter I I found this site on line and read everything I could which strengthened my resolve to quit and stay quit WHEW it sure as hell wasn't easy BUT it sure as hell was AND is worth it to be Free! As difficult as quitting smoking AND or Vaping or dipping is thankfully with commitment AND perseverance it's absolutely doable AND totally worth it to be Free!

c996646af7a95d966d96ff42facedb63.jpg

iMarkup_20240211_202220.jpg

cba4d5f6302cdc83ed6827cfae0c3a86.jpg

286bcb83a05804199a5ba1d7aa69cf03.jpg

7 Comments
jonimarie

yeah for Mark and you @MarilynH 

"addiction is a cunning and baffling enemy" that it is.  The journey is hard to switch our thought process but life is much easier and rewarding without puffing and pouting

ReallyReal

What a great achievement--10 years smober!!  Wow! And I am so happy that you both quit and can share with each other and with us here at Ex the joy of being free.  Thank you for being a bright light of hope that let's us all see quitting may be difficult but it is doable!!!  Yay for you both @MarilynH !!

YoungAtHeart

Mark

02b208217cb5b97e2569070010901747.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!

(with thanks for showing @MarilynH it could be done!)

Barbscloud

@MarilynH Congrats on 10 years to Mark.

Barb

biscuit9

Congratulations Mark, if you read this.   Way to take control and make the choice to stop the self-harm!    @MarilynH   Congratulations to you too, cos you will have Mark longer now, that's a win-win.  

Keep making good decisions for your health today.  Take care of your body.

SuzyQ411

@MarilynH 

@Mark

congratulations. balloons. red white and blue.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF YOU FOR YOUR SUCCESS AS FIRM MEMBERS OF THE QUIT CLUB

XOX

MarilynH

Thank you @jonimarie @ReallyReal @YoungAtHeart @Barbscloud @biscuit9 and @SuzyQ411 for the congratulations for Marks 10 year milestone YAY for him and thanks for your congrats on my upcoming milestone in July YAY for each and every one of us for giving ourselves the Gift of LIFE! YAY for Freedom! 

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....