cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

When It's damp & dreary I bake bread lol!

MarilynH
5 14 265

Since I've been around for almost 10 years many of you know that I'm a bread baker mostly because my hubby Mark won't eat store bought bread lol! 😃 and most likely the grandchildren wouldn't be too pleased either ha ha! Anyway I'm rambling. It's a damp dark dismal dank dreary drizzly morning it's supposed to be rainy most of the day so as the old saying goes if life gives you lemons you're supposed to make lemonade BUT for me it's a dozen loaves of bread and a pan of rolls lol!😃 which will keep me busy  for most of the day AND that's a good thing especially since there's only one loaf of bread left in the freezer so YAY! Lucky for me since I've become full of arthritis Mark has been stirring up the bread for the last few years BUT I still do the rest! On the 25th of April Mark will be celebrating 10 years of smokefree living YAY then I'll join him on the 14th of July YAY! No Matter how much time we have under our belts I'll always, always, always PUSH VIGILANCE YEP I'm gonna for sure, for myself as well as everyone here because I want each of us to always remember AND ~ N.E.F ~ Never Ever Forget > JUST how horrid it was in those early stages of our quits because NONE of us has to ever go back to another day ONE EVER BUT each and every day WON is TRULY THE GIFT OF LIFE! I found AND still find  keeping my mind as well as my hands busy is an awesome distraction for whatever is going on, for today I'll get my bread made then possibly kick back this afternoon PLUS I won't have to bake bread for another week or so YAY! Life happens BUT relapsing isn't the answer EVER!

iMarkup_20230211_073204.jpg

20230519_084557.jpg

14 Comments
Cousin-Itt

Good morning, Marilyn

Nothing beats a warm kitchen the smell of fresh baked bread a cup of hot coffee or 3 and of course being smoke free on a dreary rainy day

Have a Great Day

Barbscloud

@MarilynH We have sun this morning and no rain forecast until Wednesday. That's a long time from we've been experiencing lately.  Although it's supposed to be cooler than it has been lately with frost tomorrow night.  I'll take a break from the storms.  Had another one of those this week.   Have to do yard work again!  The rain really has the grass growing.  

This looks good for a tasty breakfast.

Barbscloud_0-1713616434804.jpeg

Have a great day.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

I almost cannot remember the glorious smell of fresh baked bread!  I used to do that, but now since it's only me here to eat it and a smallish freezer, doesn't make sense to go to all that trouble just for a loaf that will not soon be eaten.  I can take MONTHS to eat a loaf of bread - it has to live in the 'frig, too.

But I'm not smoking over it!

(good thing there is still the fragrance of lilacs!!!)

lilacs.jpg

😁

jonimarie

Our lilacs are few weeks away they just budded out couple of days ago. I have always found it amazing that the crab apple trees always bloom a few days give or take around mothers day.

I am smelling that bread!

MarilynH

YAY @Cousin-Itt for smokefree living YAY for fresh baked bread and a triple YAY for coffee! Enjoy getting outside to enjoy your yardwork @Barbscloud yyou know @YoungAtHeart if it was just me I wouldn't be baking bread either, I've been buying whole wheat bread for me the rheumatologist told me to stay away from white bread and pastas and carbonated drinks and a few other things so I've been behaving myself somewhat lol! 😁

MarilynH

Lilacs are my favorite ours usually are around the middle of May and shortly after that the crab apple blooms awwww the awesome scents of Spring! I wish you were here to join us for lunch @jonimarie and everyone for fresh bread and rolls right from the oven. 

biscuit9

Good morning.  I love walking in when you are baking bread, cos it smells so good (in my imagination).  I made ziti yesterday so my house smelled a little like Italian sausage and oregano and homemade tomato sauce.  Would love to trade you a bowl of ziti for a slice of that homemade bread!  

Congratulations on the upcoming anniversaries, for you and Mark.  Not smoking has become a way of life for you guys.  You and Mark challenged yourselves, so that when a craving came along, you figured out something else to do.  The nice part of quitting is the other things that I have learned to do, instead of harming my lungs.  I love drinking hot teas now.  I like taking walks and doing other things that don't involve nicotine.  

MarilynH

I'd give you a whole loaf of bread and a couple of rolls @biscuit9 for some of your Ziti it sounds scrumptious! There's soooooooooo many positives to living a LIFE of Freedom! I'm thrilled for each and every one of us for giving ourselves the Gift of LIFE! 

jonimarie

Wish I was there also for lunch @MarilynH  you have a lovely serene place

McMoney

I want to learn to bake bread!  🍞
Congrats on your upcoming anniversary! xoxo

MarilynH

Thank you @McMoney I'd love to show you how to bake bread I've been doing it for close to 40 years wow! I'd love to share with you and you too @jonimarie! 😊🍞🍞

McMoney

I'm so interested! Send me a DM or tell me how I can find you to learn. I have a few loaf pans and I get the basics. I think I might even have a stand mixer in the basement. I LOVE BREAD so I'd love to learn that skill and I'm good at following directions.  If it's not a bother for you to share your knowledge, I'm be grateful to learn. 🙂 

MarilynH

Awwww you're such a sweetheart, the recipe I use is a huge batch and it's in my head it was given to me many years ago written on loose leaf hummm but there's a great recipe for white bread that my hubbys sister Wendy makes I believe it makes 2 loaves and a pan of rolls 🤔 I'll try to remember to ask her tomorrow which cookbook it's in hugs. @McMoney 

stacy.hobbs

10 years is AMAZING! Congrats!!😁👏

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....