Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Updated! Prayer Circle for Kathy

YoungAtHeart
5 33 545

prayer circle.png

I am extending a hand to begin a prayer circle for Kathy  Strudel - as she goes through her lung cancer surgery today.

May she come through safely and come out the other side as good as new.

I will give updates today as I receive them from her sister.

Nancy

33 Comments
Barbara145

Here is my hand and my heart.  My prayers are with our dear Kathy.

elvan

I am extending my hand as well, prayers that she does well and is on the road to recovery very soon.

lqsi12

I will keep a prayer for her surgeons, have prayed for her surgery and pray  to have God watch over the healing process of Kathy 

sweetplt

Holding my hands out together to all in prayer raised up to our Dear Lord to envelope his arms around Kathy and her surgeons...May God Bless all ~ in Jesus’ name I pray ~ Amen

indingrl

I love our Lord Jesus prayer circle thank YOU and continued prayers lifted.

shashort

Here is my hand too, My thoughts and heart thinking of you dear Kathy and my voice praying that surgery goes well and  for a speedy recovery. 

SimplySheri

Extending my hand as we pray for Kathy!  Sending up prayers, love, and the hopes that she heals quickly and thoroughly.  Love you, Kathy. 

anaussiemom

Extending my hand and sitting in prayer for Kathy.

kristen-9-7-15

Thinking of you Kathy!

Christine13

Praying for Kathy for a safe surgery and for God to guide the surgeon's hand.  Praying for a good recovery for Kathy.

RachelMB

Thinking of Kathy and sending prayers.

Rachel

Brenda_M

Sending thoughts for her. Thanks for keeping us updated, Nancy.

Barbscloud

Extending my hand in support for you Kathy.

Barb

DonnaMarie

Healing thoughts are sent.

Donna

virgomama

Extending my hand and my heart in prayer that her surgeon's hand be guided and she be healed.  In prayer....

YoungAtHeart

Just got home fro PT and had this message from Kathy's sister  waiting for me:

Hi Friends,

Great News! Dr. Gerhardt just called (about 11:40 ET) and let me know that Kathy was out of surgery!  He said everything went well. She is in the recovery room, she is awake and talking to nurses. She will be moved to a room in the hospital soon.

Knowing Kathy, she will be checking email later, so that is probably the best way to communicate for now. Later she will be able to text and accept calls.

I will write again if any other news comes to me.

Thanks for all your prayers and good wishes

Hugs from Chris

sweetplt

~ Thank you for the update Nancy...good news indeed...~ 

RachelMB

Great news!  Thanks Nancy!

Rachel

Barbara145

Well she is talking so she is not entubated.  She is not in ICU.  Sounds like prayers answered to me.  They were contemplating removing a lobe which it does not sound like they did. Praying to God for continued blessings for Kathy.  Thanks Nancy for letting us know.

Daniela2016

So happy she is doing well, thank you Nancy for keeping us informed, and please tell Chris I wish Kathy a really speedy recovery!

Hugs and prayers

JACKIE1-25-15

Joining in this prayer circle, thankful to have the One and only true God to pray to through Jesus Christ who sits at the right hand of the Father.  Asking forgiveness for our sins so that our prayers go forth for Kathy for healing.  May the love of Jesus Christ set the cancer-free  Guide the doctors hands Lord.  Be with Kathy, be her heart heartbeat, be her breath.  We pray and believe it is done in your Son Jesus Name Amen. 

elvan

YoungAtHeart‌ Thanks so much for the news and please thank Chris as well.  I expected Kathy to be in ICU for at least a day...I so hope that her recovery is a smooth one and that she feels our thoughts and prayers.

Sending love Strudel

maryfreecig

Prayers sent.

SimplySheri

Giulia

Thanks for keeping us posted, Nancy.  Thanks Chris.  Glad it went well, Kathy.  One more thing behind you!

Thomas3.20.2010

Yeah, Kathy! Continued prayers for complete and quick recovery!

MarilynH

Thank you for the update Nancy I'm so relieved that everything went well I'm continuing to send up good thoughts and prayers for our Kathy for healing and a speedy recovery......

indingrl

Thank you MY Daddy God for taking care of your daughter in OUR Lord Jesus name amen Thanks for update Nancy and Chris! HOORAY FOR JESUS!!!

DonnaMarie

I've been thinking about her all day. I have a good feeling about her recovery.

Donna

Ladybug--7-3-12

Thoughts & Prayers.jpg

Sootie

Joining in this circle of prayer for our Strudel who always thinks of others before herself. May God bless and keep her safe this night and send her healing strength and peace.

Christine13

Thank you for the update Nancy, and Chris.  Prayers continue for healing for Kathy.

cpsono

Prayers sent!!

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.