cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Today

Eric_L.
1 14 22

I'm not where I was but I'm not where I want to be.  I'm happy to be on this journey.  I'm learning what it means in practice to not have to control people, places or things anymore.

I never thought that stopping smoking would coincide with other positive life changes.  Insecurity and not being okay with me kept me using nicotine and people for a long time.  The reality is that my perception was wrong. I didn't need nicotine to numb, distract or replace my insecurity.  It's safe for me to vulnerable, real and intimate.

That openess looks like one thing at home, one thing at work, one thing with friends, enemies, family, shopping, money, etc.  It all reduces to one thing: mindfulness.  Acceptance of things as they are.  Everything is exactly the way it's supposed to be.

Trust in God and not in people places or things.  Often hard to do in the moment but I believe that is what life is trying to teach me.

14 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Quitting smoking is a life altering journey, for sure.  We learn things about ourselves that we didn't know - because so much of our mind was occupied with smoking needs - when, where, do I have enough and the physical demands of stopping at the store, going outside to smoke.....all stole from us for far too long.

So glad you are staying the course!  There is wonderful FREEDOM at the end!

Nancy

Barbara145

Oh my gosh.  You sound wonderful. It is a beautiful journey of growth to all of us who made the difficult decision to quit smoking.  Who knew?

jonilou

Oh what a wonderful lesson you are learning. It's amazing how we make one change to save ourselves and God teaches us so many life changing lessons to bring us to a place of PEACE we may never have visited before! Great post!

elvan

WONDERFUL blog, Eric, thank you for reminding all of us that this journey has so many other positive side effects! Congratulations on your strength and wisdom.

TerrieQuit

Great Blog, Eric! You are doing so well!  WTG!!

Acceptance is everything!! and can be applied in our lives in so many ways!

Terrie  89  DOF

Legend

Wonderful blog Eric and congratulations on your wonderful quit.

bonniebee

You do sound great Eric and I agree with everyone it is a journey... onward and upward !

Deena-A-Yenni

Excellent.  Thanks for sharing.

MarilynH

Thank you for sharing your wonderful blog,,you sound fantastic and you are definitely rocking your forever quit. 

Marilyn 

jimmypage

It does sound like you are doing great in your quit Eric, and I applaud you for putting in the work instead of sitting back and being miserable because you can't control everything. I am in the process of learning mindfullness as well and as you said, although it may be difficult at times I believe it is what life is trying to teach us as well. Great blog, and a great reminder to keep doing the work because it is worth it 😃

JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

I'm glad to see you are well on your way to your new life choices

Zendlewise

I like what you have written in fact I find it very beautiful in it's truth.  i am happy to say that i have also had some revealing insights.  When we choose to change something so ingrained I think it really can be quite amazing.  Sometimes it is difficult to see there is a lot of beauty behind the hard work.  Thankyou for posting this.

Brenda_M

I'm always so happy to read your blogs! You always have something good and insightful to say!

I hope you're having a great weekend!

Giulia