cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Three Days........and Counting

msmitra
0 5 27

Today made three days that I did not smoke. It may not sound like a long time, but trust and believe it has been a long three days. I never considered myself addicted to cigarettes because I could go two days or more without smoking. But it boiled down to that I still had to have one. I am glad to be here to give it another run for the money. I am confident that this will be different only because my mindset is different. Eliminating anything that reminds me of smoking is a great tool to utilize. Most of my friends smoke, so guess what I have made it official that I need more non smoker friends and to reduce the time I spend with my smoker friends. I will be totally honest with you guys and myself, it wasn't only cigarettes that I was smoking!! I am proud to say that I have given that up as well, but I had to give up the cigarettes too because I am still puffing on something. Of course, they were supportive but the real test is when I am around them but that is if I choose to put myself in that position. Most of the time, it is us who set ourselves up for failure. It is so easy to do that. I am more determined than ever to change this habit and replace it with a more positive and productive habit, like increasing my exercise, starting a book club, gardening, whatever it takes to stay positive and on the right track!!!!

5 Comments