cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Test.!! Day 8 almost complete

fredb
1 6 35

And what a day. Spent an hour in the hospital doing test after test ( as requested) to find out EXACTLY how much damage I have done to myself with my monster ego. Real relieved though to be finished now an little anxious to find out results. Go back in on the 29th for review. Im one of those people who whants to know the truth...For warned is for armed. As far as crvings go ...It is quite apparant to me that to even take one puff would be insanity. In another groip I go to insanoity is described as " doing the same thing over and over and expecting differant results." I really don't have to do to much to convince myself that "I'm finished smoking" I really have something to look forward to when I come home. This site is exciting to me.!! Thanks for being here!! It is comforting!

6 Comments
tjanddj

Congratulations on our almost 8 days! So glad you join us on this awesome quit journey. One thing I know is those doctors will tell you like it is, the truth needs to be told. Some have better bedside manners then others but the truth gets spoken. What ever the results are quit smoking is certainly very important in the treatment plan and you are already 8 days into that. Good for you getting your treatment started.

fredb

Thanks tjanddj. Nice to know someone is in our corner huh?

Pops
Great job on the 8 days Nd going forward to hearing from your Dr. If you get some time, drop in on my page. I've got some kind of medical story for the smoker quitter. Keep it up..The days get much better as you put more time between now and the last time you smoked. Trust in that truth. Pops
c2q

Will be sitting on pins and needles with you until you get the doctor's report. Be sure to let us know. My tailor needs his cusion back. Meanwhile, don't smoke about it! You're doing great.

Giulia

Good going, Fred, on the 8 days, now 9 I guess!  I don't think doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is insane, I just think it STUPID!!  lol.  If something doesn't work, find a way to make it do so is the way I approach life.  And THAT has a lot to do with the grey matter between our ears.  It's there not just to fill up space!

Keep going in the diretion you are.  It's the right one.  All roads point to YES you can!

Daniela2016

Congratulations on 8 days, keep going, you got the right attitude and that will help along the way!

Please let us know the results of the tests (I guess on Monday?), until then hopefully you'll have a good weekend.