cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Terrie's got 400!

TerrieQuit
2 26 81

Hey, hey, hey, 400 days! Ya know something funny, I couldn't wait to hit a year. I thought the day would never come. Well, listen to this. The days between then and now have flown by! 

If you are waiting on your quit day, or just did quit, or have some days. I know it's hard! It was no walk in the park for me either, but when folks tell you "it gets better, they start forgetting how many days they have and have to look at the calendar, It just gets better and better"! It's true It does! The freedom is well worth the wait! Do the work and give your quit the time that it needs and just NEF (never ever forget) where you came from and you will have a smoke~free life, too!! A word that has been coming up a lot! Doable!

Listen to suggestions, read, use your quit toolbox, stay committed and cut the excuses and just quit and maintain your quit!

Terrie 400 DOF!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

26 Comments
bck55

Way to go Terrie.  400 DOF.  I am envious.  I can't wait to get there.  

Becky

marilyn_marmac

Congratulations on 400 Days Terri! Great blog and insperation for all of us!

Thomas3.20.2010

Keep stacking those hundreds! I know you will!

Thanks for showing us how!

JonesCarpeDiem

Wonderful Terrie!

Mike.n.Atlanta

You are contagious young lady!

Huge congratulations on your 400 days of smoke free life!!!

Keep on keepin on!!

Summer-Rain

Congrats on 400 fab smoke free days!!!

The journey continues

shashort

Woohoo!!! Way to go Terrie. 400 big wonderful days so happy for you.  Can't wait till I become a grown up EXer like you.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Christine13

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!!!  Wonderful 400 days quit Terrie.  How fabulous you are!!!!

Encouraging post for me too!!!!

xoxo

Pops

Terrie,

Congrats on your wonderful milestone of 400 days. 🙂 I'm not surprised one bit to see you accomplish that milestone with your quit after seeing you exhibit the tools you use from your toolbox.  You were one of the first here to welcome me back without a hint of judgement, rather compassion and an ambassador of hope and success.  Thanks for that lift, and please enjoy this day with all of the accolades that are sure to come as a result.  Thanks for your service here on the site as well.

Pops

Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations and keep on adding those days!

constanceclum

I remember starting a quit when you did. It's amazing to see that 400 days have gone by and I am so proud of you! You never "quit on your quit" and I'm in a place now where I won't quit on mine either. Thanks for sticking around to support me and all the others starting their journey!

Cindiboo

You GO GIRL! GO TERRIE!! GO TERRIE!!!

i will learn to send pictures soon.. Hehehe

Thank you our Leader!!! Yippie ky yi A

cindy

cpsono

Yay Terrie, Nice going, Quit Buddy. I'm so proud of you!   xoxo. CP

KMC56

Bravo Terrie!!

MarilynH

Congratulations Terrie on your precious, stupendous, splendiferous, fantastic, fabulous, amazing, delightful, beautiful, marvelous, awesome, humongous, ginormous, wonderful, glorious and spectacular 400 smoke free days and counting WTG my friend and fellow Exer, you totally rock! ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Ed55

great milestone, congratulations!

Strudel

CONGRATS on 400 days! 

plug66

WHAT AN AMAZING ACCOMPLISHMENT, YOU ARE ONE TOUGH COOKIE......I KEEP SENDING PICTURES BUT SCREW THEM UP (SIGH)

JACKIE1-25-15

Girl, look at all of these congratulations.  There is no doubt that you mean a lot to us. Congrats on 400 days of freedom.  Thanks for being more than just a friend,  "Sista" lol  Get better soon, we love you and your Sunshine. 

Well you have a good night. 

SimplySheri

You rock, my friend!!  Congratulations on 400 smoke free days!  So very happy for you but I never doubted you could do it.  You believed in yourself and that made all the difference 🙂  Yay!!!

Dotgirl_1-28-16

WOOHOO way to go Terrie! I'm so happy for you 400 days of freedom. That's awesome!

joycequit022316
Yay, Terrie! 400 days of not quitting on your quit. You are an inspiration to many! Way to say NOPE
kristen-9-7-15

Hooray Terrie! Good for you!

Legend

Congratulations on 400 days WOOHOOO!!!!

meWisconsin

A big congratulations on 400 days smoke free.

Terry

JustSharon

Way to go Terry! I'm so proud of you!!

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)