Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Susan57 Archived Profile

Susan57
0 0 7

Description

I have a new target date to stop smoking, September 1st, 2009. Yesterday was the day, except last night I did have one to take the edge off, I know this is not going to be easy. The way to quit is cold turkey this is what I have chosen.I smoked for 45 years and it is time. My husband does not smoke, which gladdens me. My health, so far, is okay and would like it to remain as such, smoking was a very big part of my life and wish it never was.

The time is nearing a year with no nicotine. The beginning of a quit is the toughest  part, after a few months it is ' all down hill' as Lois would say. There are a few extra pounds on my body, which is okay because this indicates there is no time for smoking, food is the latest addiction for me and hope to fix this very soon.

Brief Description

Born and raised a Jersey girl, northeast, born in Paterson. Moved to Florida, St. Pete, in 1979. Smoked for about 45 years, give or take a couple of years. Right now, I am in Mission Viejo, CA , this is located in Southern CA very near to the west coast, here I share my life with my husband Terry and our 2 cats, Eddie and Kitty Kat. Our family in on the West Coast and East Coast, New Jersey and Georgia.

Website

QuitMeter Counter courtesy of www.quitmeter.com.

Mission Viejo, ca

Interests

with all the skills I have 'you would think employment would be a breeze' ......traveling, friends, decorative painting, sewing, cooking ( this may be the upmost interest since quitting ) Also volunteering is on the list, my husband and I both work at the Murray Senior Center in Mission Viejo.

Skills

all the things the country no longer requires! this is true and amazing