Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Super Bowl Party? Smober?

YoungAtHeart
7 10 157

download.jpg

If you are early in your quit journey or even further along, it is a really good idea to abstain from or limit alcohol to one or two drinks. Alcohol consumption has caused many to fail in their quits. Here's an article that explains why that is:

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/t5/Mayo-Clinic-Blog/Understanding-the-Link-Between-Alcohol-and-Sm...

Please do what it takes to remain free.

A quit is a terrible thing to lose!

Nancy

10 Comments
Barbara145

Good morning Nancy.  Great advice for the newbies.  So good to see you out and abought.  Praying you  continue to heal.  Enjoy your day.

biscuit9

That's some good advice Nancy.  I didn't plan on quitting drinking when I quit smoking, but that is what happened.  I lost a long quit, because alcohol threw any common sense I had, out the window. 

AnnetteMM

It's so easy to lose that precious quit!  I just don't drink anymore and don't miss it at all.

And I'm SO glad to see you again, Nancy!

McMoney

Great advice/reminder/warning! 

Plenty of ways to make fancy-pants-punch that requires no booze!!

Have a great weekend everyone! 

IMG_5078.jpeg

YoungAtHeart

@McMoney 

That looks SO refreshing.  There are LOTS of good recipes out there for Mocktails, too!

McMoney

It is delicious!!! I think my adventures in punch started with a recipe you posted years ago @YoungAtHeart ! I happened upon it while perusing boundlessly!!  I experiment all the time now.   Thank YOU ma’am!! 

YoungAtHeart

@McMoney 

Thanks!  Does my heart good to know something I offered was found useful by someone!

MarilynH

I'm just noticing your post Nancy @YoungAtHeart I'm one of those people that has lost a few perfectly beautiful quits due to one too many drinks and the last time it happened it took me 20 years to finally quit which is now my Forever Quit! So therefore I do NOT think that I should drink for if I drink I do NOT think! 

Barbscloud

Go KC.  Enjoy the game and the entertainment!

Barb

Strudel

Thanks Nancy! Great advice for sure! 

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.