cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Still Planning to Quit Smoking

tools4work
1 8 55
Thanks to everyone for the comments. I'm still planning to quit. I haven't been around the website because I am having internet connection issues. This is an incredibly responsive community and I'm glad to be apart of it. The support is overwhelming. I'm sure I'll be providing the support to newnewcomers in the future.
8 Comments
lois2

Welcome , when is your quit date?   stay close to the site.     read every thing you can about quitting.know your triggers,   you can do it.

tools4work
My quit date is 8-26. YikesYikes.
Giulia

So I assume that between the time you joined on July 26th and now you've been doing your homework, i.e. reading, formulating a plan, getting a quit kit together, etc.  Ah, no, I see you've had internet connection issues.  Well then, do it NOW.  Quitting takes attention, preparation and perseverance.  It has to consume you as much as smoking does.  We all understand the Yikes.  It's rather daunting to go through this process.  But the life changing affects achieved through this quitting transformation are more than worth the effort.  So keep heading in the direction you are. 

Barbara145

Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking.  It is the best decision you will ever make.  Do all your prep work.  You will do fine!

TerrieQuit

Do the reading to educate yourself, stay close to this site and listen to the suggestions of the elders. You can do this.All the rest of us did! So it is doable!

Terrie  41  DOF

amanda_100

Great news re settling on the quit date! I quit 2 weeks ago and I attribute a lot of my success to the people on this site. I'll give you the advice that many of them gave me: stay close to this site! Good luck!

Eric_L.

Bookend your days here.  If you have connection issues at home, perhaps there is a nearby library that you could use?