cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Road trip

lisab1981
2 5 157

38 days in my quit and with the holidays DH wanted to take a road trip to see our oldest. As happy as I am knowing I'll see her and my grandbabies, a 12 hour road trip had my anxiety high as I am still going through a hard time withdrawaling. Car rides are horrible...it is a trigger, in my past I always chained smoked on car rides. Now I'm just trying to get through these hours with as little anxiety attacks and mood swings on the rest of my poor family. I keep reminding myself though that my grandbabies get to see/visit with a better version of their grandma!!

5 Comments
About the Author
Hello, my name is Lisa and I WAS an addict! I have 2 grown daughters which I am thankful neither chose to smoke and I hope they continue with a life of not smoking. My oldest daughter has gave me 3 amazingly wonderful grandbabies and from my youngest I have gained 3 grand fur babies! Been married to my childhood sweetheart for 25 years! We both quit smoking cigarettes November 19th 2022. He still continues to vape but I was done with nicotine cold turkey! We had just moved to El Paso, TX this summer no family or many friends...so shout out to anyone in the area that may want to hang out in a smoke free environment with me!! Recently been having medical issues (not related to breathing and actually have no breathing issues) but in the process was diagnosed with emphysema and they found a lung nodule I had a PET scan for. Sadly/thankfully that was my reasoning for quitting. My withdrawal/detox has been very difficult for me. So that's what brought me to this site. I was looking up scary symptoms I was having and it led me to a blog here that helped me feel like I wasn't dying! One day at a time is how I get through, I can't go back and go through all that again because I know no matter what that I would not be able to smoke forever. I would love to find some friends in a community that is going through the same so we can encourage each other