cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Prayers

alissastump
3 14 104

I am on 24 DOF.  It feels really good.  I want to keep adding to it.

Stress is one of my biggest triggers.  Tomorrow will be an especially stressful day. 

I feel strong.  I don't feel like I am going to give in,  but knowing that the trigger will be there bearing its ugly head right in front of my face tomorrow is a little scary and intimidating.

Honestly,  I'm not sure what is more scary,  what I know I will be facing,  or the threat of the trigger.

If you are the praying type,  please say an extra prayer for me in the morning.  May the Lord let his plan for me shine through for me and let His will light the way.

Alissa

14 Comments
MarilynH

I'll be sending up good thoughts and prayers for you Alissa, you can get through this Stressful situation tomorrow deep breaths and believe in yourself because you can and will be successful one precious Smokefree Day at a time or hour minute or even a second at a time, life is going to be happen whether we smoke or not and whatever is happening smoking won't change whatever the situation may be so please stick with your precious quit journey so tomorrow night you can look yourself in the mirror and say YAY for another Day WON it's definetly not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT boy oh boy it's so worth it to be Free and we're all here to help you in any way we can..... alissastump

maryfreecig

Sending prayers now. Yes you can, one step at a time.  Congrats on 24 DOF.

Mandolinrain

Sending you light love and prayers

avian3

Sending prayers which I truly you don't think you will need. You have 24 days which is amazing. Just go in welcoming that stress. Each difficult situation only makes you stronger. YOU are the one in control and nothing is going to cause you to smoke. You just tell any trigger you may experience that you will not take up time in your life when you have more important things to think about, so tell it to go suck a duck!

jonimarie

Fabulous you 24 days!

That is a really big deal

Believe and have faith in yourself 

An extra prayer for you this evening

SuzyQ411

Congrats on being over 3 weeks fee of cigarettes alissastump‌ ! I hear--and understand -- what you are saying about your fears for tomorrow: that you will give in and smoke. Your post sounds like you are a woman of faith. So I'm suggesting you give your worries over to God; after all, he has promised to carry our burdens. And, I'm also suggesting that you arm yourself with all sorts of protection, such as : a bottle of cold water, some sugar-free lifesavers, some nicotine gum to briefly chew then place beneath your tongue. Also, is there something you could hold in your hand for comfort and to "work" with your fingers, somewhat like a worry stone?  And, above all, please don't forget to carry with you the affirmation that you no longer smoke, no matter what. We have your back. 

tjanddj

Prayers.

JACKIE1-25-15

You can do it. 

sweetplt

Lifting you up in prayer ... that the Holy Spirit takes your stress alissastump ... let us know how you are doing...You got this ... Colleen 456 DOF 

elvan

Prayers coming, sorry I did not get on line this morning so whatever stress you were worried about, you have already faced.  Twenty four days is nothing to sneeze at.

Ellen

alissastump

Thank you everyone.  Today was just as stressful,  if not more than I expected it to be.  It’s over now though.  I was very much tempted and had really bad cravings,  mostly once everything was over and I was leaving.  I remembered all your advice.  I used mostly distraction and deep breathing-  and I made it through!  Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers,  it really helps knowing you guys are out there for me.

elvan

I cannot count the number of times that deep breathing pulled me through.  We really ARE here for you and look at how well you did.  CONGRATULATIONS!

Ellen

SuzyQ411

Congratulations on getting through the stressful experience. I am so glad we were able to bring you some support and comfort.congratulations star.jpg

Barbscloud

Congrats.   With each of these successful experiences you build confidence in your quit.   

Barb

About the Author
I'm a full-time working mother of 4 awesome kids who have asked me to quit smoking for quite a while now. I finally took their advice.