cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Phased out

mustangsally_7705
0 8 91

Apparently, I am being phased put of all areas of my life that are supposed to be support network such as this one. This is a really challenging time in my quit and I am trying desperately to protect my quit and I have been banned faster than a geeky girl in braces trying out for the cheerleading squad in school! 

Feels great to be a outcast everywhere I go!!!

8 Comments
robertclark302

I am not sure why you feel that way?  I have always found the Ex community to very open and inviting.  Some of them are not, how do I say it, as gentle as others, but they always have the best of intentions.

mustangsally_7705

Because I was banned for mentioning that I was doing a fundraiser to help my sick mother and trying get help and support with that and at the same time protect my quit, now I can't get i to my old account and have to start all over again...lost all the friends I made and everything!

TerrieQuit

Not really sure why that happened. Check with Mark, He may know!
Don't Quit on your Quit!

Giulia

Someone must have clicked on the banned button too many times, I think.  I see a blog of yours where 20 days ago our Admin contributed to your mother's fund.  Contact Mark.  He should be able to get you back to your old account. 

You never lose friends here, even if you lost your old account.  So don't worry about THAT.  Just keep your quit, Carolyn.  That's the most important thing.  You are not an outcast here!  So forget that thinking..  We're here standing behind you.

MePlus3
I'd say ask mark before you get upset. We welcome you here. So sorry to hear about your mom. Is she getting any better since your last post? I'm praying for you and her.
prague

You're not being "phased out".  But, I know how you feel. I, too, felt not supported here, at least by some. And, when you're trying to quite "some" is magnified in our minds because we're especially sensitive. Some people on this site forget how vulnerable some newbees can be. We're not psychologists, although some phathom so. Me: I quit on 3/20/16. Cheated six days later with 2 cigs. and haven't smoked since. I won't lie. I think about smoking every day. If you want to communicate, please contact me.

YoungAtHeart

I was away for three weeks and look what happens!  So sorry, Sally!  Search in the top box for Mark (Exadmin) and hopefully he can make it right again.  Sometimes folks inadvertantly hit the "Report Content" button and that's how you can accidentially get banned.  Don't take it persionally.  Wer would not knowingly do that to you!

I am so sorry life is so tough right now.  PLEASE blog help before you smoke.  You have come so far - and really, you KNOW that smoking will not make any of your problems better.  

I will keep you and your Mom in my prayers.

Nancy

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@MustangSally_7705

You've not been banned.  I paused your account(the current system (Elgg) doesn't have very good tools for managing the community) so I could track it in case you got back to me. I try hard not to let things get lost in the clutter. Google/Gmail was reporting back that your email address was deleted and didn't exist so I was getting notifications to that fact.  I tried to get in contact with you through the fundraiser you set up but I don't know if that went through. I also go ahold of savedbygrace to see if she could locate you as I had no other contact information other than your email.  

No one would be banned for setting up a fundraiser however solicitation is not allowed on the site. I asked you to modify your post slightly to comply with the site rules. I did also donate towards your cause. 

Your original account has been unpaused. 

Send me a private message if you have any other questions. All of your information should be there.

Mark
EX Community Manager