cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My mindset

Gail561
5 9 106

Yesterday I officially joined with five others a local church I've been attending since Fran's death. The congregation had welcomed me with open arms. Palm Sunday is when they introduce new members. Two others and I were baptized as well. I was nervous and Alison, my daughter, was there as my support. I am happy to be joining a caring and loving organization. Alison liked the fact she was able to see two dogs there as well. When we came back from a road trip, they had dropped off tulips on our porch. It made me feel good to be part of an organization that cares. I wasn’t really a religious person but really like the friendship. It’s where I’ve been going since late May to calm my mind and soul. Acceptance was and still is important to me. This church is very good to me. I didn’t realize how much this helps me through all the craziness I’ve been going through in the past year. The anniversary of Fran’s death is right around the corner now. So much has changed and soon our residence will change too – not because I want to. So many changes are going on and some make my heart hurt but not all of it’s under my control. That’s what makes me sad and blue at times. I am glad I have my daughter Alison because if I was alone in all of this, I don’t know what I would do. Sadness, feeling betrayed and other emotions going on right now with our residence and just life in general not easy to handle. I am learning to take things day by day. If this was meant to be it would all work out in the end. I just must have a little faith and work on a solution. Solutions will come in time and having some faith in God helps too.

9 Comments
Barbara145

Thinking of you as you go through this healing time in your life.  Be kind, gentle and loving with yourself. May God bless you abundantly.  Take care.

jonimarie

@Gail561 The forks we come to in the road of life are never easy. Glad you have faith as that provides comfort

YoungAtHeart

Life seems to be just a constant flow of "Whats."  I am proud of the way you are handling them all.

So glad you are choosing not to smoke No Matter WHAT!

Keep moving forward, one day at a time.  

images.jpg

Gail561

I am handling the things I need to do one step at a time. 

AnnetteMM

I'm so glad you found some support in the community, especially with that anniversary coming up.

Maki

Glad you have another community of support @Gail561 . Can never have too much .

You are indeed loved by your friends here at Ex , the church community  , your daughter and your hubby  . Your husband I’m sure knows how difficult this time is for you and  I’m sure he’s so proud of you .

You reached out for you and your daughter . Sometimes that’s not easy either . Btw so glad your daughter loves the dogs there .  They are great to have . There is just a healing and calming quality about them . 

I’ve learned over from the many struggles that I’ve faced in my life that It’s through the struggles we grow . Not easy to go through some of them , and especially what you have had to face and are are facing but it does gets easier and we do grow . I’m sure if you look back at other stressful times and struggles in your life you’ll see you got through them too 

As we know from quitting smoking , change can be hard but we also know that there is good that comes from it . Sometimes we just can’t see it in the beginning  so we have to believe or have faith , and like you say just take one step at a time . OSAAT . 

indingrl

Thanks for sharing your joining a church and getting baptized to show you belong to that church group and staying nope through all your going through at this time 

Good self care taking care of you first I am so glad for you dear @Gail561 

We joined a grief support group at a church dealing with grief at any stage any years or day or just happened it was Bible based and lead by those who's beloved family and friends  coworkers etc etc that have died suddenly or recently or years ago etc and they also have grief share on line for grief support groups in area or stay on line too

Grief share is what it is called they have books you can buy and a workbook to personally work with the DVD they show at each sessions on line or in your area or church that is hosting Grief Share

Just sharing please so please take what helps and let go of the rest

thank you dear friend @Gail561 

Gentle hug and prayers continue my dear

Barbscloud

@Gail561 Happy to hear you found a caring place to receive some support.  Hope the living situation resolves itself soon.

Barbscloud_0-1711381081276.jpeg

Hugs

Barb

Gail561

@Barbscloud working on the living situation 

About the Author
Learning to deal with the effects of COPD - one day at a time. I am a survivor and new steps in improving my life style. I work full time as a CSR for a Plumbing Manufacturing Company. I am married to a supportive husband and a daughter who are my rock.