cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

My Quit day 1, December 31, 2020

Craymira
0 9 142

My fb status yesterday was “I quit smoking today and all I got was this T-shirt.*
*actually, you don’t get a free T-shirt for quitting smoking,  but I am really happy about it so I bought myself one!”

and the photos I shared here. 

I know it’s not going to be easy. During the day it seemed easier than after 11pm. I’m having moments where I forget I don’t smoke and plan to go out to our building’s smoking area. And then I remember. Nope. And then I go on with whatever I was doing. 

On Dec 30, 2020, the night before my quit, I had finished my last cigarette of my actual brand. I was done. YAY!
Then I saw an e-cigarette I had lying around and a horrible tasting brand of cigarettes that had been open since before March.

My addicted part of my brain was like, “Save the e-cigarette. You can smoke up until midnight!” But the quitter in me said, NOPE you gotta get rid of these right now. So I gave them to my fiancé and said get rid of these please! Don’t tell me where you threw them away. He said, “because you don’t trust yourself?” And I told him of course I don’t. I’m an addict. If I threw them away, and caved to my craving I would dig them out of the smelliest, slimiest kitchen garbage bag. So he got rid of them. I thanked him profusely. 
I know I haven’t written before now, and this is a rambling mess, but I’ve been reading your forums, blog posts and reference materials. I have learned so much here and I really appreciate this community and what you do here. Thank you so much!! 

9 Comments