cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Moving

AngelaHunter
2 8 154

Today I'm moving out of my group home! 1 of my roommates smoke, so I need prayers that I won't relapse!

8 Comments
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That is great news @AngelaHunter! Stay strong and stay committed to your quit.

You got this!

Quiana, EX Team

AngelaHunter

Thanks!! Everything I do now is better! I really like the support I get from all. It helps alot!

McMoney

Believe in yourself @AngelaHunter! I’ll be rooting for you! 

Barbscloud

@AngelaHunter Sounds like a positive move for you that will certainly help with your quit.   You'll  do great.

Barbscloud_0-1713020758272.jpeg

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on moving on!  Big step!

I hope the smoker doesn't do so inside the house?!  If so, might you respectfully ask that they try to go outside to support your quit effort?  Second and even third hand smoke is not good for anybody.    At the least, they should only smoke in their room, I think.  At the VERY least, they should keep their cigarettes, lighter, ashtray out of your sight.

Try to think of their addiction in a different way?   They HAVE to smoke - because they are an addict - and you don't!  Thus, try not to feel jealous that they can, but grateful that you no longer have to feed the addiction?  

Let us know how it works out!

Nancy

SuzyQ411

@AngelaHunter 

no smoking. my icon.jpg

~  PUT ON THAT ATTITUDE ~

NOT EVEN ONE PUFF... 

NO MATTER WHAT...

KEEP IT UP...

ONE DAY AT A TIME... 

AND YOU WILL BECOME WHAT YOU WANT TO BE...

NICOTINE- FREE !!!! 

PULLING FOR YOU!!!!

❤️ 

Tamarah

Congrats on quitting and on moving! You got this! Sending many prayers that you don't relapse. Take pride in the fact that you are no longer a prisoner of nicotine addiction, unfortunately your new house mate still is but who knows maybe seeing that you are beating your addiction it will give that person the hope and that they may want to quit too. Stay strong and know you made the right choice by quitting smoking. If it gets hard and you feel that urge just take deep breaths, maybe meditate or go for a walk to clear your head of the urge. 

SuzyQ411

@AngelaHunter ~ Great advice from @Tamarah ! Keep us posted on how things are going, ok?