Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

LOOKING FOR........

Sootie
3 7 197

Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about 

@Thomas3.20.2010  ? He has not been on this site in a very long time. Does anyone communicate with him off-site? He was one of the first people I started conversing with when I quit 12 years ago.....he came on the site just a few months after me. I know he has COPD and I also know it was really acting up for awhile. With COVID etc.....I am praying he is OK. I

If anyone has an update on him.....let us know.

7 Comments
SimplySheri

I wish I did!  Thomas is everything that is right in the world.  Kind, generous, and so very wise 🙂  Miss him a lot!  

Thomas3.20.2010

Hi! I'm far in the background for a variety of reasons but still peeking in! Sootie and Sheri I just want you to know that I'm as well as can be expected. Still on disability leave and if for any reason that doesn't work out I'll go into retirement.

Should the platform become more friendly to contributions I may at a later date become active again. It would give me a sense of purpose which I badly need but not at the degree of frustration I have felt for quite awhile here.

I wish all of the Ex Community the best! Stay sober as if you're life ( quality as well as quantity) depends on it because it does!

Strudel

Sootie - Thanks for checking on Thomas - which has lead to a response from him! Thomas - so good to hear from you! I certainly hope that the disability works out. Also - hope that you find a way it be back here on occasion - we miss you! (I do understand your frustration.) Please - take care! 

Maki

Good to hear from you . You were the first that helped me here . I wish people could look past their issues with the site for whatever reason and look the people and newcomers who want and need help . I wish people would really see they are valuable no matter what. This is what happened to quitnet .. all the good people left frustrated and angry  but nothing changed . I hope your input will change things .

You helped me with understanding copd . 

Best to you Thomas . Get well . 

Sootie

@Thomas3.20.2010   Hi Thomas....thanks so much for checking in....I think of you OFTEN!!! I am glad you are still hanging about a bit and hope that...at some point...that will change to more active participation. You have helped SO MANY especially with your COPD knowledge. 

For me, personally, I am just glad to know that you are as well as you can be and managing. Stay in touch will you please.......?

sweetplt

@Thomas3.20.2010 good to see a post from you…so understand your frustration at this site.  Hope you will stop by more often … your contribution here at Ex’s does not fall on death ears…wishing you and your’s a Merry Christmas…~ Colleen 1098 DOF 

JACKIE1-25-15

I was looking for him too.  Good to see a response.  I understand how he feels. 

About the Author
I quit smoking in 2009 after years and years of addiction. I just became sick and tired of the whole smoking thing. This site was a lifesaver with the support I received...so as you can see, I hung around to help others. I became friends with many people....some are here now and some are gone. Welcome to anyone who is new....this is EX....we are all here for each other.