Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Keepin on keeping on

mherman1011
0 5 12

I think thtats how the saying goes..

Anyways it's  been a few days since I have written anything. I have 2 jobs now and have been wiped from working! But here I am so lets see... Only have a quit date set. No plan. No medications. If I can find something low cost I will consider it, but aren't there side effects? Weight gain or anything? That's one concern I have about getting help with meds. Something I need to research... 

Other concerns that I have, well  questions mostly I guess are as follows...

I don't think it's the nicotine that I am having a problem thinking about parting with when I quit smoking, small part obviously cuz it is addictting...but more so what do I do when I'm bored? When I'm talking on the phone? Driving? In the morning with coffee? Hanging out with friends? To me smoking is something to DO.. I have been smoking for 6 years and that is all I know to do when doing these things. 

Especially when I am working.. On breaks. That's what I do on breaks. What else is there to do in a quick 10 minute break? 

Sigh.. Please any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! The closer the end date I have chosen comes the more stressed I am about it because I am not so sure I can do it. I don't know what to replace smoking with besides food..and don't want to do that and gain weight.. End one problem to start another? 

Please feel free to add me as a friend, message me, could use all the support I can get and meet new people and receive positive feedback! I do have family and they are tying to help me the best they can, but I find it easier to reach out to those who HAVE smoked or still do and are trying to quit as well.. People I can relate too that know what I am going through. 

Well calling it a night! Gonna try stop this urge to want to smoke before I go to bed.. Aaaahhh! 

5 Comments