cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Jesus

philly33
5 12 168

I am starting again.I have to pray everyday and say my plan everyday God please forgive me:) Day one nicotine free

12 Comments
Mandolinrain

I'm very glad your back and ready to  get going with your quit. I also failed a lot when I first began my quit journey however it was when I totally gave it all to God when success began for me.. there's an old saying out there....' You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink'.

Giving it to God is a wonderful start, just remember  we still have to do the footwork. I recall when you were 50 days free at one time. Look back and recall those free days you had, what all you can do differently. We are here for you, be strong, lean on Him and us. We all are pulling for you to make it.

Now open your toolbox and start using those tools!

elvan

Will be thinking of you and hoping that you will lean on us and use the tools you have...this is a journey and there is no reason that you cannot make it.  The only thing in your way is your addiction.

Ellen

MarilynH

We are all here for you and want you to be successful, believe in yourself and know that you can do this quit, be willing, determined and totally committed to succeed, one precious smoke free day at a time or if need one minute or even one second but you must stick with your quit and keep moving forward. 

Ready2021

Nothing wrong with calling on him I thank him every day all day and even more for slapping that taste of nicotine out of my mouth keep being strong and have faith embrace the struggle.

Christine13

I also have one day nicotine free.  Hoping for a good journey for you and me.

Ready2021

Congrats on your quir no matter how small im only 20 days myself again welcome and congrats

Barbara145

Jesus will help you.  Look to him everyday.  I could not have quit without His help. Stay close to this site.  I could not have quit without all the lovely people here.  You can do this!

ChangoGrande

Mandolinrain

Couldn't agree with you more about the God part, Missy!  Every single major success in my life, bar none, has come from giving it all over to God.  And I'm not just talking about giving up addictions.  Business success, relationship success, investing success--all of it came from being willing to let God handle it instead of thinking I can do it all myself.

Most people try to convince me otherwise--no, you're smart, you work hard, you never give up, you always come up with the best ideas, etc.  But I know better.  I know where those ideas and that persistence come from.  I just get my ego out of the way and do what I am guided to do, no matter how much better I think my plan is.

But like you said, we have to do the footwork.  This is where most people fail.  Turning it over to God doesn't mean you sit like a lump and wait for all good to rain down upon you!  God will only meet us half way.  We still have to follow Her guidance and do the work.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

Eric

ChangoGrande

Oh, and a big P.S.--don't for a minute think that I never fail.  I don't care how much practice I have had, how good I am at it, how much I've learned--I still fail way more than I succeed! 

What I have learned really well, however, is how to minimize or shorten my failures, and how to roll with my successes.

Oh, and that part has everything to do with God, too!  Even more so, actually.

Diannnnn

Congrats on not giving up on the master plan philly33‌! You made me think about something that was said in church this morning. I hope I get this right; God has given us everything we need, we just need to ask, recognize and accept His presence inside us. The reverend was talking about affirmative prayer. This was only my second time there, but I think I got it right. 

Good luck! You can do this!

Dian

P.S. Nice to "meet" you. ☺

Legend

You can do this stay positive best wishes to you. 

Thomas3.20.2010

Take what you have learned and release the rest. Forgiveness isn't forgetting - it is letting go! Forgiving ourselves is necessary to meaningful Life!