cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

It's another beautiful day to not smoke

JonesCarpeDiem
6 6 202

I just looked at the view from the cam over the garage door looking East and this is what I saw.

Screen Shot 02-13-23 at 12.08 PM 001.JPG

I feel so fortunate to live in this house. The views are so spectacular.  My mom and my dads dad found this lot in 1959. There was only one other house on this hill at the time. They bought the lot, the architect for the company my dad was working for drew up the design, and, my dad and a company crew built it in 1960. We moved in in 1961. 

What gives it a country feeling is the 9 acres directly behind us that has not been built on and the distance to the next home South of us. That large space will become a street if and when someone develops the land behind us.

I took Hoggie to the vet Saturday for his semi- annual physical and forgot to mention a lump on his shoulder where it meets his neck. I made an appointment for 8am this morning. 

Hoggie was having none of it. He must have heard me talking with my dad last night about going to the vet and when I asked if he wanted to go out, he ran under the bed where I couldn't get him.

I got a crutch to scare him out and he went out the window to his place where again, I couldn't get him.  I begged, then yelled, and finally,  turned the hose on him. 🙂  We were a few minutes late and he was a little wet. 

The lump was too small to get a accurate needle biopsy and she said since it had been there a year and not really grown, to just keep an eye on it.

Don't you smoke and I won't either.

6 Comments
Snowdoggie

@JonesCarpeDiem Glad Biggie is ok. Hope you had a cup of coffee after catching him.🌞

SuzyQ411

OK @JonesCarpeDiem 

It's a deal:

I won't smoke

and don't you either

handshake. man and woman.jpg

YoungAtHeart

I used to have to jump through hoops to get my kitty in the carrier for the vet.  It had to come out days before, and remain on top of the washer until use.  Then I had to scoop her up and whisk her into it before she knew what hit her!  And she HOWLED the entire way there and home.  Such a racket!  I had to get her claws trimmed there...she would have NONE of me even touching  her toes- and stood like a princess when the vet did them.  I think it might have been the intimidating stainless table!

Glad he had good check-up(s).

MarilynH

Poor Hoggie and poor you Dale! 😃 I love the picture, I was born in 1959 so it was a good year. 😁

Jennifer-Quit

My cat does the exact opposite of what I want or need...I do think they understand human talk more than they want us to know - lol.  Glad you got good news at the vet and hope you are doing well Dale.

Eric_L.

Beautiful view!   Hope your dog lives a long happy life.  And always thanks for being here.  I think you were the first person I talked to back in 2015/2016.

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.