cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

I was getting better!

TerrieQuit
0 23 39

Until Friday I fell off my porch going down two steps with my scooter, did a nose dive into my zinnia's, broke the little fence the scooter is fairly light and fell on my legs but didn't hurt them.I must have bumped my right rib cage on the steps. I spent most of my Sunday at the Hospital. I have a chest wall contusion. (bruise) It's not dangerous by itself, but with my already having some fluid on my lung, it could cause pneumonia. I am coughing and deep breathing 10 times per hour as instructed so it doesn't get worse. They also said I have had an exacerbation (worsening) of my COPD. I am about to go make an appointment to go see my pulmonologist (he was already concerned last week),

I have to order some portable oxygen tanks too. So I have to make some phone calls. I will give an update about my right lung when I find something out! Love you all!  No smoking!!!!! Terrie

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

August Pledge Link below! Protect your quit!

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/4505-stay-active-in-august-it-may-just-save-your-quit

23 Comments
MePlus3
Get well soon Terrie! Great job on keeping up with your Dr and not quitting on your quit! Praying things get better for you!
Thomas3.20.2010

Be very careful and Get Well Soon!

Magstoyou

O Terrie, so sorry you fell. Gosh, hope you feel better and heal soon.

Prayers coming your way!!

Mag

Jennifer-Quit

Pops

Terri,

It's so disheartening to hear that you are in this much pain.  Get well soon!  Congrats on keeping that quit intact.

Pops

constanceclum

Love you Terrie and so amazed at your awesome quit. Praying for you a quick and full recovery!

Connie

YoungAtHeart

It makes me sad to hear you are not doing well.  I hope each day finds you feeling a bit better.

Gentle hugs!

Nancy

elvan

Terrie,

I am so sorry, I can certainly relate to the pain of a rib injury and the need to cough and deep breathe inspite of the increased pain.  DO keep us posted, thinking of you, sending love and very gentle hugs.

Ellen

KMC56

Oh my goodness Terrie...my heart and prayers go out to you....honestly you are truly an amazing woman......Prayers, prayers, and many, many HUGS!!!!

shashort

Awe Terrie so sorry to hear you got banged up.So glad to hear your going to see your pulmonologist too.  Take care of yourself girl, sending you lots of gentle hugs and powerful prayers for speedy recovery.  Keep us informed when you feel up to it.

plug66

so sorry you are feeling poorly, rest and do the deep breathing exercises, smile too, it increases your face value

Storm.3.1.14

Giulia

What, you're trying to become a trick rider on your scooter going down stairs???  We're gonna have to chip in for some body padding for you. 

And despite falling down the stairs you still posted the link to the Daily Pledge.  Now THAT'S what i call dedication!

"I just fell hard on my chest and have a contusion."  WWell, here's what you need to do then - deep breath and cough!"  Geez.  Can't image THAT's much fun under the circumstances.  But better than more fluid buildup.  Awwwww.  Awwwwwwwwwwwww.  Feel better sweet one. 

NewEnglander

Terrie,  I wish you a speedy recovery and also good news from your pulmonologist.

Victoria 

Jennifer-Quit

Perhaps we could send you some bubble wrap?  Just a though....seriously hope that you mend quickly!

JACKIE1-25-15

Hope you get better.

bonniebee

I am so sorry Terrie ! Poor you I am glad you did not get hurt worse then you did !

Take care !

HealthyOrange

Aw, Terrie I'm so sorry that you're having a hard time right now. You are one resilient lady.  Never under estimate the bodies ability to heal itself.  Wishing you a speedy recovery!  Please take care of yourself.  xoxo Jamie

Strudel

Oh my gosh - so sorry to hear about the fall. Please - feel better soon - and take care! 

NewMe

No more stunt riding for you, young lady!!! Please take care of yourself, and get better soon. Sending virtual hugs (which will not smush any of the affected areas), and prayers for you to be back to normal in no time!

SimplySheri

Oh my goodness, Terrie!!  So glad you didn't break anything but so sorry about your ribs.  Take good care of youself, sweet girl, and follow doctor's orders!!  Sending you lots of prayers, healing thoughts and best wishes to get well quickly 🙂  Big hugs to you!!

Dotgirl_1-28-16

Oh no! I'm so sorry you had this fall, glad to hear you didn't break anything or suffer more serious injuries. Sending prayers that all  goes well with your doctor's appointment and you are able to rest and feel better soon. Hopefullly your scooter is still in working order, it would be a terrible thing to lose your mobility. Sending positive thoughts, prayers and cyber hugs to you ((((Terrie))))

ShawnP

I had the same thoughts as Giulia. I am trying to understand why you decided to ride your scooter down the stairs?? a wooden ramp would be safer don't you think? just shaking my head!!! i like Jenns idea of bubble wrap or perhaps this?

Hope you will feel better.

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)