cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Share your quitting journey

I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LOG IN FROM A EUROPEAN IP ANY LONGER ๐Ÿ˜

linda.mustafa
3 21 389

Dear EXFamily , as you all know I will not be able to log in from U.K any longer due to European data law coming into force from tomorrow

I would like to stay in contact with my friends here so please please please either write to me on FB and add me on your friends list -the link to my profile is below https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1301378031 

or email linda.mustafa@blueyonder.co.uk

Please share this info with the members who would like to stay in contact after my profile from this site is gone for good .

I'm really disappointed that there was no way to keep us here but I suppose it is what it is .

I will not be able to save any previous content and there were so many blogs I wrote but I'm glad I was able to share those moments with all of you .

I will always be grateful for the support , encouragement and friendships I've received here and will truly miss you all .

Keep moving forwards with your quit and stay strong , always aiming for the goal of freedom from poison and filthy habit.

This group is awesome and I wish you all the very best .

Please , please ,please stay in touch !

Lots of love and hugs    

Linda 1510DOF

21 Comments
Opidfght

Wrote down Facebook and email don't no if what's going on May affect that as well hopefully not.

MarilynH

I sent you a friend request on FB, I'm really going to miss you popping in, I don't like change especially as big as this one but I guess we can't do anything about it, huge hug. 

JonesCarpeDiem

I have a VPN that allows me to appear to log in from any country I choose.

I pay $35 or $40 a year.

I don't know if this will solve the problem.

I just did some research and a VPN will get around the European restrictions

JonesCarpeDiem

The highest rated VPN has a 3 year special for $99 which is $33 per year.

Mike.n.Atlanta

You will be missed Linda. Will look you up on Facebook.

Keep on keepin on,

pastedImage_1.png

JonesCarpeDiem

Evidently Netflix and other steaming services are blocking vpn's but they have ones that get through the block so, if you need those services, look for one that unblocks the block.

one of the best of those is on a special for $2.75 a month

linda.mustafa

I'm going to see what's the equivalent here /I'm not tech savvy but I'll ask and read .

Thank you and please keep in touch x

Barbara145

Good morning Linda.  So sorry for this predicament. I will always remember you.  Your pain was palpable in the beginning of your quit.  I could see your strength and resolve.  Love,  Barbara

JonesCarpeDiem

The one I use allows use on three separate devices at once from anyplace in the world.

umalala

JonesCarpeDiemโ€Œ, Yes that should work for linda.mustafaโ€Œ and anyone affected by this change.  Without knowing what all the systems they have going on here, it seems there is a lot of cost and time to make this happen to be compliant. I know I've gotten so many privacy policy updates related to this so I can only imagine all the cost for companies who have a presence globally. Given this site was only intended for the US, spending money and time on a minority of members probably wasn't in the cards right now, especially since it take away from those it was intended to serve.  Perhaps this will change in the future and those folks will be allowed to return, but I can see why this might not happen. It's probably out of their hands despite them probably wanting the site to continue to be open for all. This site is free at the end of the day(even to those outside the US) and has been for over 10 years. So I think anyone from EU who has had access over the years should be thankful and probably are.

Muhamed

JonesCarpeDiem

VPN's will be big business in Europe. 

Giulia

We won't lose you as long as we've got your email and FB info.  Stay forever free Linda!  I'm hoping that your profile will not be forever gone from the site, but archived for all to see.  โ™ฅ

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

linda.mustafaโ€Œ Please be sure to check your private messages from me.

Mark
EX Community  Manager

linda.mustafa

What will I need to do or look at in England ?

Most of support websites are free to use even in this country .

We do understand the circumstances although it doesn't really makes it pleasant that lose a group /network of support that we've build .

Thats why I've provided my details for anyone who'd like to maintain contact .

linda.mustafa

Thank you so much Giulia, you've been an immense help here .

I was told that everything that I've put here will be gone.

i wanted to save but no bulk saving option here 

JonesCarpeDiem

just google vpn to see what's available to you.

TessaGrace

Will try to use the free "privacy software" Tor

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

linda.mustafa wrote:

Thank you so much Giulia, you've been an immense help here .

I was told that everything that I've put here will be gone.

i wanted to save but no bulk saving option here 

Your content will not be lost. See my post here.

Mark
EX Community Manager

Strudel

Linda - You were the first person I thought of when I saw this new policy. How sad!! I certainly hope that Dale's idea pans out and that you find a way around this. We will miss you! I will send you a friend request on FB. Please take care!! 

Mandolinrain

AWWWWLinda, I am sad this is happening. I am not on FB but I saved your email.  will stay in touch that way. Stay well my friend, and N.O.P.E.

hugs, Missy

linda258

Hi Linda ... I received your face book request but did not recognize that it was you so I have sent a request back.  I only check into this site every now and then and always look to see if you have been online. 

I will be flying into London on Wednesday and then onto Newcastle.  I will be thinking of you. I wish I had time in London so that we might get together ... but maybe next time.  Hope you and your family are doing well.  Linda King