cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Help!

Pops
1 54 478

I’m reaching out for prayers. In the hospital this am for some reason???? Tests galore & ambulance ride to the hospital. Fingers crossed 

Tags (1)
54 Comments
RachelMB

Oh no Pops! I'm praying for you! Xoxo. Keep us posted if you can.

Rachel 

Bree19

Oh no.  Keep us up to speed when you can.  Good thoughts and blessings on their way to you.

xoxox Hugs

JACKIE1-25-15

Praying that whatever you are going through God will be your shield. Amen God Bless

Bonnie

AMEN!

maryfreecig

Breath, remain calm. My thoughts are with you, hoping you get answers soon.

elvan

Prayers coming Pops...hopefully, they can determine what is going on and get you back to yourself.  Will be thinking of you and sending HUGE HEALING HUGS.

Ellen

Jennifer-Quit

Saying a prayer for you Ken.

SaraCorinne

Prayers on the way Pops!  Please keep us informed!

kristen-9-7-15

Thinking of you buddy.

YoungAtHeart

Thinking of you dear friend.

Prayers - goes without saying!

Nancy

Thomas3.20.2010

My prayers are with you, Pops! Get well soon!

JonesCarpeDiem

Hey Buddy

Thoughts and prayers.

I know it wasn't the road pegs so they can rule that out.

Pops

Thanks    for the prayers. I was sitting @ my desk and started sweating    profusely and then got dizzy and lost my vision for about twenty minutes. Scared    me to death. Coworkers called our onsite ambulance and they brought me to a reknown heart hospital here. All my tests are back to normal now, but they want me to stay overnight for observation    I told them I wanted to go home this evening. God could and would, if He were sought. 

Xixo Pops

JonesCarpeDiem

Have you ever checked your blood sugar Pops?

Christine13

Oh my gosh Pops, you are in my prayers.

JonesCarpeDiem

Ever have episodes of excessive thirst and urination?

Pops

Yep    and it’s all good too. They are concerned because I was dizzy this am with a fever and a leaky heart valve. All my vitals are back to normal now. I am staying in for observation for four hours then home. 

Pops

My dehydration level was 1.7. Normal is 1.4, so they’re putting me on a drip    for a few hours. 

JonesCarpeDiem

Very good!

Bellegonia

Prayers up Pops! Sometimes that's the best place to be... where you can get some help/ Ambulance ride? That sounds scary. Hugs.

Belle

YoungAtHeart

Glad to hear that's what was going on.  Are the medications you are on contributing to  that, I wonder?  I know my daughter is ALWAYS after me to drink more water - but I just never got in the habit.  She never doesn't have a water bottle with her.  Wonder if you need to do that?

Whew - you had me worried!

Pops

Everyone here is beating me up with the hydration lecture. I’m thinking I will have to get compliant.  

JonesCarpeDiem

I was more concerned with the onset of diabetes when you mentioned the sweating. That's why I asked.

RachelMB

So glad to hear you are okay Pops.  xoxoxo

Rachel

MarilynH

I'm going to keep sending up good thoughts and prayers for you Ken ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) put your feet up when you get home and snuggle with Mac and Cheese, sleep well tonight and get lots of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's......

Barb102

Oh Pops please drink lots and lots of water when u are home. Please be well. Care so much about you

Pops

Thx I will  

elvan

Pops, 

Thanks for the update...that had to have been terrifying, the sweating and dizziness are enough but losing your vision.  Yeah, an ambulance was a good call.

Drink lots of water or juice and please take it easy.

Hugs,

Ellen

Deena-A-Yenni

Take care.

Giulia

Gee I'm sorry I didn't see this earlier.  But prayer going up now.  That's really scary.  Hope they find the answer.  I don't know if you're a sports bottle type of guy, but of late my legs and hands have been cramping, which is my indication that I need to drink more water.  To make myself think about it ('cause I usually forget), I keep a sports bottle in view.  If I'm outside I keep it near the place where I re-fill my gas tank (for blower or chain saw).  And whenever I see it I take a slug.  Much more fun than an IV.  Feel better.

Mandolinrain

Just seeing this myself Pops, sends hugs and prayers your way.

Thomas3.20.2010

Image result for waterfall gif

indingrl

Step 11- good PERSONAL CHOICE-  N.O.P.E.and NEVER TAKE ANOTHER PUFF OVER YOU... I prayed for you Ken -- just NOW and sending tons of Gods love to you Ken in MY Lord Jesus name amen get well soon WE want you to get well Ken.

indingrl

Lol- what HINT hint are you saying- hmmmm- could it be????? DRINKING WATER!!!!!! LOL love you tons beloved brother Thomas- gentle hug and kiss on each cheek for you!

Strudel

Prayers and good thoughts Pops! 

Barbara145

Praying for you Pops.

Sootie

I did not see this until now....but adding my prayers that all will soon be well.

Pops

To ALL of my wonderful and loving and supporting EXer family.....

Thanks a million!!!!! I'm all better now....I'm home with "Mac & Cheese"  I will take tomorrow off, and see the doctors all on Friday all day long I have multiple appointments.  Turns out, I was simply dehydrated....they performed 3 different blood draws on me @ different intervals to make sure that my levels weren't going to go crazy again.  My postassium, calcium, sodium, all are very normal and on point.  my vitals look like a young mans.  They said that the non smoking, and drinking is without a doubt one of the biggest factors that my body functions are all normal and at times that of a young mans.  Thank God that I have 68 DOF, and 90 Days of sobriety.!!!  

I'm home and am drinking plenty of water, and will relax tomorrow.  Thanks again to all of my family for the loving thoughts, comments and prayers.....

Good night to all, and I will be in touch tomorrow after I sleep in for a few.....

Good night all...xoxoxoxo Pops & Mac & Cheese....

YoungAtHeart

Sleep well!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Jennifer-Quit

Thanks for the update Pops - take care!

Posamari

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Keep a water bottle with you at all times. Pretty soon it will be second nature. Living in an arid environment I've learned the importance of keeping hydrated. It's really hard to drink too much and its so beneficial for you.

MarilynH

Wishing you a peaceful and relaxing day Ken with Mac and Cheese and a super duper CONGRATULATIONS on your glorious 68 precious Smokefree days and counting WTG........

2d393d7c5d6bf057b3bfd4784dea3508.jpg

Barbscloud

Pops, I'm just seeing this.  Glad you're feeling better and back home.   Sure the kids missed you.

Barb

Daniela2016

So sorry I just saw your request for help, but happy things worked out for the best!  Your co-workers did well, and even if it was just a scare, I am happy you've been tested, and re-tested, and everything came back good.

So proud of the 2 important life decisions you made, now you need to add the third, and that is water!  I have not been a big fan of it, but now I buy it in bottles for work, that way I know how much I have to drink while I work!

Relax with your 2 babies by your side.

Big hugs

elvan

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on 90 days of sobriety, 91 now, and 68 days of SMO-briety, 69 now.  Enjoy the boys today.  Will be thinking of you, thanks for updating us.

Hugs,

Ellen

Bonnie

Such good news Ken! And congrats on the 68 and 90!

xoxoxo,

Bonnie

327 DOF (thx to EX)

Giulia

Glad to hear it was just a hydration problem.  No more jerky lurky.

Image result for dehydrated vegetables  

YES  Image result for sexy woman drinking water

RachelMB

Pops-

Hope you are relaxing with the boys today.  I found that adding lemon slices to water helps it taste better.  You can also try mint leaves and anything that doesn't have caffeine.   

Rachel

CatsRsmart

I haven't been here in a while but I remember you. No doubt your Guardian Angel is right with you, as well as your beautiful cats. Cuz cats are smart right? Also cats are great company and a huge comfort.

I have 5-gallon water bottles delivered of distilled only. I've gotten used to just drinking the whole cup  instead of taking a sip .Also mindful that to go bottles are bpa-free.

I'm constantly having to remind myself to drink enough water also.

Congratulations on your days of freedom. Gearing up to be right behind you, trying to learn from my serial quitter ways.. 

Take care and God bless.

Pops

yep, I like lemon or lime squirts in the water.....

Pops

About the Author
Hi, and thanks for stopping by to read my page....My name is Ken Bishop...aka, Pops. I am a stubborn older addict of nicotine....I have quit on numerous occasions in the past, and have experienced great rewards as a direct result of not ingesting deadly toxins into my bloodstream. One of the curses of having a strong constitution that seems to be able to withstand much more than others can...is this...my body would still be able to move around, and get things accomplished even after I was poisoned by the harmful effects of nicotine addiction. Eventually, the harm became so significant, that not even I, with all of my denial...could avoid the truth that to continue to smoke, would most assuredly be the death of me, and in short order as well. On Sept 1st, of 2018...I found myself in a rehab facility for alcohol abuse, and came very near death. I quit messing around, and had a deep and moving spiritual encounter, and have remained sober without one single urge to pick up a drink since. That was after consuming copious amounts of booze for many years in the past. After a short while.. I asked for spiritual help from my creator to make it possible for me to get the same amount of conviction towards finally being able to successfully put down nicotine once and for all...As of....(September 14th, 2019)...I have 17 days of living smokefree! Woo Hoo!!! Friends and family are all very proud and happy for me. They have asked me what I thought was the turning point, after having experienced so many failed attempts before. I simply reply, "I took the God Shot". xoxoxo Pops update: in Dec of 19 when the stock market started going nuts...I used that as an excuse to start smoking again. I see-sawed back and forth for severa months, and when the COVID crisis hit, I simply lost all desire to be smokefree...I was going to smoke & that was final. Well, as always...the pains of excessive injestion of nicotine into my blood stream...(one puff is all it takes) started affecting my everyday life again...I knew I had to quit placating my inner child and grow up and accept a life without nicotine. The normal person would read this and say well duh...finally he's getting it. But the normally addicted nicotine addict would understand...weird huh? So now I'm back with a new quit date of July 8th, 2020 & am hoping that I can accept that as a perfect quit date that does not need to be changed. Thanks for reading and good luck to you in your quit journey. Pops w 4 DOF!