cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Has anyone had any problems with the patch not sticking ?

debraisky
0 6 103

Hi Everyone !  I am on day 6...I am having a problem with the NicoDerm patch not sticking for the full 24 hours.  I called the customer service number on the box and was told they would send me a box to return them in and then send me another box.  Has anyone else had this problem ?

6 Comments
kristen-9-7-15

I found that the knock off Walmart brand stayed on. I tried the Nicoderm patch but they kept falling off . Try the cheap brand.

Giulia

Several members over the course of my 8 years here have complained of that problem.  You could trying putting it on a differeent area, making sure to wipe the area (wherever you put it) clean first wth alcohol to eliminate any oils from your skin.  You might also try googling "how to keep a nicoderm patch on and take the suggestion that makes the most sense. 

Congratulations on your 6 days smoke-free.  Onward and upward!

ex-smokestack

I bought the Walmart brand and found they stuck pretty good to my upper torso,front or back, until I would get hot and sweaty working outdoors. The couple times I tried them on the abdomen they were gone by mid afternoon. I figured it was because my skin is not taut there but kind of flabby.

Pops
I wore them on my upper breast. Even there they would fall off by days end sometimes. If it's really a problem, then try putting a medical adhesive tape over them. Good luck.
crazymama_Lori

I've heard that with the brand name.  try the walmart brand, that's what I used and had absolutely no problems

debraisky

thanks everyone ! upper breast seems to work the best !