cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Had to share..

KMC56
2 12 37

I've had many EXers, friends,  bloggers who are awesome, repeatedly reassuring us this is a difficult journey, but is 'doable'....heres one I just heard.....'This to will pass, it may pass like a kidney stone, but it will pass'.

Thanks to all that are there with our questions, and flashlights, maps and analogies to make this journey celebratory.  I hope and pray to celebrate being in the 6% club.  My goal....Keeping it real one day at a time.

If you're lurking...please join...the more quitters,  the better!

K

12 Comments
elvan

As someone who has passed a couple of kidney stones, this made me laugh out loud. You are so right to invite the lurkers...we are here to help!

G-night lady.

Ed55

In this case Quitters ALWAYS prosper

MarilynH

Great blog and Lurkers please come on out and join the ranks of being an Exer! 

plug66

great blog, i was a lurker at one time, but really its safe lol

Daniela2016

Very nice blog Kathy, I was lucky not to pass a kidney stone, but dad did, and the ER Dr was telling him it is comparable with giving birth to a child.

And that I did...

Our journey toward freedom is not easy, but doing it together it makes it more bearable!

And we will celebrate together our milestones and it will be that much more enjoyable!

Great job us!!!

bonniebee

Never so bad as passing a kidney stone !!!!!!! hahaha ! good one though !

I never lurked I was to dumb to figure that out !

Ed55

Ain't no shame in lurkin. As long as you are learnin!

we don't use g's down heah 

shashort

Great blog.  I never lurked either jumped right in. Glad I did jump in and found this site. Never passed a kidney stone but sure heard they are painful and yes sometimes our quits may seem painful but good golly we have great supporters to cheer us on. Thanks to all. Your doing great K keep it up and stay strong.

JonesCarpeDiem

kidney stones

uplifting but outgoing

Christine13

Husband had one, was yelling at the top of his lungs.

Painful to pass, that's sometimes how I feel about being quit too.

NewMe

Good one. I had not heard that yet. It's nice to invite the lurkers out of the shadows. I was a lurker in the beginning. It is true, you never know when someone will make a comment they think is of little value, but it just might be the thing that strikes a nerve with someone and makes a big difference. The more the merrier when it comes to sharing tips and tricks. Good blog.

TerrieQuit

You are doing great, Kathy! Keep moving forward!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

About the Author
Have smoked for over 40 years....approaching 60. Wake up call...time marches by, and want to be smoke free...as I have promised myself when I turned 30, 40, 50!!