cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

HAND UPDATE!!!

shashort
1 22 11

Wow what a difference just one more day made.  Some of the swelling has started decreasing, he states the capillary refill has made significant come back.  They were able to palpate the pulses without using Doppler machine which is exciting. I still remain to not have much feeling but starting to notice the pinky and finger next to it does have some feeling and looks better on discoloration. I am getting some tingling sensations in random places where they touch so they are thinking they are trying to wake up!  Yay!  Had to show my therapy exercise which consisted of waving to the Dr., thumbs up, showed my fist as we are working on making the fist.  The Doctor said he wasn't quite afraid of my fist formation. Started me on gabapentin for nerve pain, God please let that pill work.  So goal is keep working on range of motion and seen what tomorrow holds. Thank you to each and every one for being here with me holding my hand and all the love and support you have shown me. My heart is so overwhelmed with all the love, care and compassion you have given me, Well Terrie you succeeded my friend as I never felt alone in the whole week I have been here. My EXer family is awesome and thankful to be part of this great family.

22 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

I have confidence in God that you will get better!

KJay
Great to read of your progress and your chipper, positive attitude 🙂 Focus on healing. Best your way, Kjay
shashort

Thank you Thomas I have condidence in God too!

shashort

Thanks Kjay  God's healing in progress movin forward!

elvan

So glad there is some good news.  I have been thinking about you nonstop.  You poor thing!  I hope the gabapentin works.

plug66

hip huip hooray....now git ur ass in your bubble and stay THERE.........love ya

Barbara145

Thank God.  Sounds to me like you are on the mend.  Our collective prayers are working.  Take care of you.

Christine13

Fabulous news!!  Hope the medication works well!

TerrieQuit

Awe, blogging for yourself, you must be feeling a bit better. That doesn't mean I will quit helping! Do what you can and holler at me for the rest! You have made me feel very useful and helpful and that's a good thing! 

This news is GREAT! We will continue to pray for you! and Prayer works cuz God is good all the time! Keep feeling better, Sharon!

HUGS!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Jennifer-Quit

Thank goodness for the good news!  Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Strudel

I am so glad there is some improvement.....you r positive attitude is going to make all the difference in your y along! Plus, we all know that EX-smokers helped much better and faster than smokers! We will all continue to send the very best of "happy thoughts" and prayers! Thank you for the update Sharon - rest!! 

JonesCarpeDiem

That's Great!

MarilynH

Whew, this is great news Sharon and the good thoughts and prayers are still going up for you and for complete healing! ♡

Daniela2016

So happy, feel better every hour Sharon!

RachelMB
Great news Sharon! 🙂
vanlil

Your blog is MUSIC to my ears..................you amazing Girl Friend.

Hugs and THUMBS UP.

Lillian

Giulia

Tingling.  Good.  Awakening nerves.  Gabapentin - wonderful drug.  Flex those fingers, move them joints, get that blood flowing.  Aren't you glad you don't smoke?  That would curtail the whole process a whole lot.  Who needs a doppler machine, just stick your finger in a light socket.  That'll get the pulse going!  (Kidding, obviously.  We must never forget our sensese of humor!)  You're a brave strong sassy lassie you are.  More power to ya!

sophia-22

That's great news Sharon! Wishing you a quick recovery keep working those fingers!!!

Silverstar

Sharon, such good news, may it continue.

Junior7

So glad things are improving!  Thanks for keeping us posted.

c2q

Great news!

Magstoyou

Good news Sharon

Prayers for continued healing!!

Mags

About the Author
Hi! My name is Sharon and I am married, a mom to 5 kids and also have 2 fur babies that are both shelties and considered my kids. I have smoked for about 30 years. I came here to learn how to quit and stay quit. I need to quit to impove my health and was tired of nicotine controlling me and Doctors and family nagging me. I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Now that I have joined in the EX family I now have been free of nicotine since May 13th 2016.