Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Grieving losses of friends

Maki
7 5 123

IMG_5795.PNG      

Life is short . Quitting smoking can take a lot of time away from enjoying the best days of your life as a non smoker . We try too hard , we slip too often , we give up when the going gets rough . 

I spoke with an old highschool friend last night . In just the recent year , five of our classmates who were a grade below me past away so younger than sixty five . Three of cancer . One of dementia , another a brain bleed . How do you grieve such young lives lost . 

I remembered a time in my quit where I was so teary , bawling actually . I cried rivers those first days, and weeks . Loss of my 25 friends in a pack of cigarettes !

I was  angry that I became friends with them and they were going to be gone .

Then I got lonely and depressed without them ,

Then something weird I couldn't understand around a hundred days quit , so one day I decided to look up grieving .

All of the things in the graph below I went through . What I was going through was the bargaining stage .

When my parents past I grieved very differently . While I missed them terribly I knew they were ok . Acceptance . There was a peace in that .

We all grieve differently and may not go through every stage of grieving but I did go through every stage of grieving with smoking .

I encourage you to look up grieving on the net and find the explanation of each stage . I found the explanations of each process very helpful to my quit .  It may help your anxieties as well . 

IMG_5801.JPG

Dont waste this beautiful day stressing about your quit , accept it then go enjoy life in whatever way you can . Leave those thoughts of smoking behind . You will be ok without them . There are .....

IMG_5796.PNG

Go enjoy your day , just remember not one puff . 

IMG_5797.JPG

There is a way through . 

5 Comments