Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Share your quitting journey

Goodbye My Nemesis

DougWillis
4 7 187

Dear Nemesis, 

Our time together is nearing the end! I never thought I would be able to say goodbye to you.  You have been with me through good šŸ„³ times and šŸ˜© bad! When I was lonely šŸ˜ž you filled the void! When I wasnā€™t lonely šŸ‘Øā€šŸ‘©ā€šŸ‘¦ā€šŸ‘¦ you were right there too!  You sure were dedicated and always ā€œ close at handā€, (Pun totally intended!) šŸ¤­ I must tell you, that even though I allowed you into my life, your persistence was sometimes intrusive! I have chosen spending time with you, over spending time with family and friends! Thereā€™s no telling how many lifeā€™s moments I missed out on, due to my dedication to your urgencies!  I would always take the time to go hang outside to be with you, many times by myself, while others were gathered inside enjoying each otherā€™s company! Iā€™m not innocent when it came to our toxic relationship, I played the greatest part! I understand that befriending you was my choice! I wish I would have been smarter and stronger willed, and maybe I wouldnā€™t have given you the chance to consume so much of my life!  I enjoyed you so much, that I would often aggravated If we couldnā€™t be together! Iā€™d get nervous at the thought of not having you with me! Yourkept me coming back, because you were somehow always with me when I wanted you!  When I was with you, I was blind to all of the negative aspects that came with you!  After being around you for just a few moments, you caused me to have bad breath, that I tried to mask with gum, or mintsā€¦.ugh, and not to mention that horrible, smelly smoke that I tried to cover up with cologne or air fresheners!  
I was your ā€œRide or Dieā€ person! There were even times our being together 
became unlawful!  I took so many risks, by allowing you with me, in  areas where you were prohibited! How dumb was I, to just ignore those rules, having no regard for or respect of, the reasons you were prohibited? I was so addicted to you, that I was unconcerned about any consequences that might have arisen because of my desire just to be with you! I have always considered you to be something so wonderful in my life! As I look back now, at those times when I had to scrape up the money just so we could be together! Iā€™ve chosen you over food, over new clothes, even vacations!  It sickens me when I think about how much itā€™s  cost me over these past years, just to have you in my life! ( the pb. includes both money and years of lifeā€¦ā€¦.I could probably have purchased a new car and enjoyed several more years in this world, but I traded all that for you! The saddest part is, that my ending our relationship, will have no effects on you! You will have someone else taking my spot in no time! This is why our time together must come to an end! I wish I wouldā€™ve written this letter 30 years ago! But at least itā€™s now written! I forbid you to not enter the lives of my children and grandchildren! Youā€™ve already taken the lives of some of my family members and friends, and you must be stopped! 
Itā€™s gonna be hard to end our friendship, but I have to be strong! There will be days when you try to lure me back in, and though I may succumb to you, we will never be the way we were!  Our days together are numbered! 
Goodbye Nemesis! 

7 Comments