cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Good morning

MePlus3
2 19 26
I'm checking in with 34 DOF I see 40 days peeking around the corner. The part that excite me the most about this quit is I'm not using my gum as much I'm going days at a time without it when at one point I thought I had dropped one addiction for another I have proved to myself that wasnt the case and for that I'm glad! I handwashed my truck yesterday boy was that stress relieving! That's all I have for now I hope each and every one of you have a great smokefree Thursday!
19 Comments
RachelMB

Congrats on 34 days my friend!  So proud of you!  Good distraction with the truck wash.  I have been cooking up a storm to keep me busy.  Have another amazing smoke-free day-

jonilou

Yay, Kimberly! 40 is right around the corner! You are doing so well and have a resolved mindset that is a great example to the rest of us. Woo hoo for 34!

SuzieQue

Nioceeeee!!!!! You are doing so great!!! Wanna wash my car? Hehe jk

Congrats on 34 beautiful days and counting 🙂 

bonniebee

I did a lot of cleaning yesterday today I am going to work in the yard I am so sad all of my beautiful flowers have finally died in the past few COLD days and I need to clean up my gardens !

I am very proud of you Kimberly you are rocking your quit girl !!!!!!  🙂

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 34 days. 

constanceclum

34 days is fantastic. In the beginning I watched you struggle but you just kept on marching! You're doing great with the gum. I'm not worrying about the NRT's until after I am convinced I can live life on lifes terms without smoking. Probably after NML.

Connie

Daniela2016

Congratulations Kimberly, you are way on your way girl, well done!

shashort

You have come a long way Kimberly be proud you are doing this one day at a time. Congratulations on 34 days and yep 40 right around the corner.

elvan

Congratulations, Kimberly, so very happy for you.

Dotgirl_1-28-16

Congrats on you 34 DOF.

maryfreecig

You're sounding hopeful! It looks fantastic on you!!!!

JonesCarpeDiem

It's good you are understanding the gum is not your quit.

When I got off the patch, I had forgotten to wear one 2 days in a row.

I put one in my wallet with the promise I would put it on and wait an hour rather than smoke.

Since you are almost off the gum, you might put a couple pieces in a tic tac container and carry them with you.

I never needed that patch from my wallet.

I believe you'll find, you never use the gum as long as you know it's there.  🙂

tjanddj

Congratulations on your 34 days Kimberly! Proud of you!

MePlus3
Thanks everyone, @Dale that's pretty much what I've done made the promise to myself to use the gum instead of smoke however I don't NEED it as a crutch anymore. Just knowing I have it on hand is enough to keep me going even if I don't use it. I still have peices everywhere in my purse, my car, and all throughout the house just in case.
JonesCarpeDiem

What I'm suggesting is, If you don't use them for days at a time, what I suggested may help you let them go.

Do you see what I'm saying? You begin letting go of the psychological connections by directing yourself to the place you don't need them. All it is, is considering the thoughts of letting it go.

And after all, you still have them to fall back on.

MePlus3
Gotcha Dale! Thanks 😃
MarilynH

Congratulations on your awesome 34 smoke free days and counting WTG my friend and fellow Exer , you are doing super fantastic with your precious ongoing beautiful splendiferous quit . 🙂 

joyeuxencore

You are doing SO great! congrats! xo

Silverstar

Grrrrreat!  That's my Tony the Tiger impression, you are rocking and rolling now.  So happy for you.