cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Good-Bye 2020

Sandy-9-17-17
1 7 61

Just dropping in to say hi to all of the new and all of my old buddies here!  

2020 has been a very challenging year for all!  With Covid19, (gosh I just realized how much I despise saying those words), people losing their jobs, and people trying to quit smoking in such trying times......

I feel blessed that it didn't not affect me other than a two week furlough, but I was able to collect unemployment for those two weeks with the add $300.

More importantly, I feel for those who have had to struggle through this period of time...... 

It has been a stressful year beyond belief....  

On a good note, I was reunited with my youngest daughter who banished me from her life.   She finally realized I was more use than I was a bad mother.   I was blessed to have been her person for labor and delivery on March 26, 2020.   Although it was not normal being in a hospital; no visitors, no flowers, no people..... Just her, myself, and a new little life.   Ezra Gray, a beautiful baby boy, and even coming home; no visitors to come and see the new little bundle.   Such a rip off......

We have been really good about staying away from people in general.  No virus here.   Had to be tested once, due to contact with someone who tested positive, but have always remained negative. 

I am fortunate that my job allows me to work from home.   Working in lounge clothes and not having to get ready to go out and drive anywhere is awesome.   I am actually glad to be working from home, because there are people who smoke in our warehouse, and of course we all know how smoke travels and lingers....  

It's been over 3 years for me now, and recently being hospitalized for a bacterial infection that got into my bloodstream from a kidney stone that was causing blockage to the bladder, I realize how fortunate I was to be a quitter.   Not having to have a patch or worry about how I was going to get my fix..... It's really rather nice.  

Just had to go through kidney stone surgery to remove quite a large stone that I would never have been able to pass, and so very grateful that I did not have to figure out how I would be able to get my nicotine.  Not being chained to the addiction any longer is the greatest gift I have ever given to myself.  

I am here to say hello to all the newbies, and hope that you are starting out the new year 2021 with the hopes and means to quit once and for all.  If you're here, you're in the right place for support.  I wish I could get here more often, but work and home life time does not allow.   

I am also here to say hello to all of you who supported me when I was here all the time during the beginning of my quit days!   

I hope that  you all have a Happy and Safe New Year in 2021....  

Stay Safe, Stay Happy, and Stay Healthy!  Much love from me to you!

Sandy

7 Comments
About the Author
I'm an active 55 year old woman, who loves hanging with my family. I have 5 children 2 of them married, and 4 grand children. They are all my whole world. UPDATE 8/21/23 Now 61 years and have 2 more grandsons to add to the crew! My hobbies are bike riding, golfing, bowling, kayaking, painting (canvas or rocks) and gardening (getting the hang of it finally) I have smoked since I was 13 yrs old, and quit one time within the last ten years for a total of 9 months. Stress took me back to smoking. My life has been stress free for the last couple of years. Divorced for 2 years now, but back together with my Ex (husband) for a year now. It's time, I'm ready, and I quit! So far it's been pretty easy, so I'm very optimistic about this being my final quit! Thanks in advance for all the support! 2023 - Update: I now have 2 more grandbabies for a total of 6 and still smoke free! They will never get to know me as a smoker!!!!!!