cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Get on board the freedom train.

sparky26
2 19 47

Back when I was a smoker , I  had some friends that used to smoke that told me ." Yeah , I used to smoke , but I got tired of it and so one day I just quit "uh huh, well good for you , I'd say . And I would think to myself . She probably didn't smoke as much as me. Or he has more will power . Their addiction is not as strong as mine . Easy for them , to hard for me . Because  , I have so much stress , or it's my only bad habit ,. You get the picture . 

Well today I celibate 800 days smoke free ,  and now I see that the only thing that held me back from quoting was me.

If I can do it , you can do it , you just have to stay the course it's so much better on the other side . 

That's all I got , thanks for listening.

19 Comments
Storm.3.1.14

A friend's mother smoked for 40 years. One morning, immediately after breakfast, she snubbed out the last cigarette in the pack and proclaimed, "I quit." Two words, that's all she said...and she never smoked again. Didn't even complain once, as if she'd never touched a cigarette her whole life.

Who knows how these people seem to create miracles out of thin air. But, anyone can create a miracle through diligent work. Everyone here has that opportunity, and there's no special magic involved to get started...or to keep going.

CONGRATULATIONS on 800 DAYS of making it happen, Donna!

So very proud of you!

Strudel

What you've got is a great quit! Congrats on 800 days! 

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 800 DOF, Sparky! Fabulous blog, Fabulous Quit! I am glad you are here!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

NewMe

I resemble every remark you made in your blog. Super big congratulations on your awesome accomplishment of 800 days!

Ed55

800 days! Congratulations to you!

JACKIE1-25-15

Congrats on 800 days of freedom. 

KMC56

800 is a Great Sparkley  Sparky number!   Congrats!!!!

tjanddj

Congratulations on your 800 days!

YoungAtHeart

And I knew you when you only had 799....................

Congratulations!!!

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

Yep some folks just make it look too easy.  Congratulation on 800 days!

bonniebee

Wow 800 days !!!! Congrats Sparky  Sooooooooo  what does it take to really get there ?

For me it was sick and tired , of being sick and tired of smoking  ! I just finally had enough of the coughing, the hacking, the wheezing, the constant need for the sickerette , the money it cost , the feeling of withdrawal ,trying to cut down, trying to be a social smoker tired of telling God tomorrow  I will try to quit again ........all of this finally got me toe say enough is enough and at this point in my life I thank God I found Ex !

You have been here since the beginning of my quit Sparky and you have helped me immensely ! I appreciate you so much for sticking around you have no idea how many people  you have helped quit and stay quit !

Thank You Sparky and Stay strong and Carry On !

shashort

Wow!! Congratulations Sparky on 800 days of fredom.

newlife5

congratulations sparky...whooo! hooo!

MarilynH

Congratulations on your precious, stupendous, splendiferous, fantastic, fabulous, amazing, delightful, beautiful, marvelous, awesome, humongous, ginormous, wonderful, glorious and spectacular 800 DOF and counting, EXcellent blog for an EXceptional lady, friend and fellow Exer. ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

HealthyOrange

Congratulations, Sparky!  800 days beautiful days of freedom are yours because you made the commitment!  Great job!

Mike.n.Atlanta

Huge congratulations Sparky!!!

Keep on keepin on,

elvan

SO MUCH better on the other side!  Congratulations again, dear lady!

plug66

great job

Giulia

Dang, missed it.  That's all right - just means the party keeps going!  Happy Happy 800, (now  801!!!)