cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Gary's Attempt To Quit Smoking--first day

elmerfudd
0 5 21

Hi. I have been a Christian for 50 years. I have been smoking for 39 years. I can use all the help. Please pray for me as I will pray for you. Let's do this thing together.

5 Comments
carloprivitera

i'm sorry ... I'm an atheist, but what's good here is that religion, gender, color doesn't matter at all!

we'all be all with you to support you in your quit!

-All the best and stay strong

tjanddj

Welcome Gary! Glad to have you join us on this quit journey it is a wonderful journey to be on even with all the discomforts along the way. I pray that you change that word "attempt" to "committment". Take the time to learn about the nicotine addiction. Allen Carr's book that SuzieQue above recommended helped me greatly in understanding the addiction. We are all here to to support you! My prayers to you but you still have to do your part to do. Now let's get going so you can start feeling all the wonderful benefits of living a smoke free life.

prjimm01

you are awesome my friend!  do not worry, we have your back and God has the rest!

maryfreecig

Welcome. This addiction can be broken-- 50 years, 60 years, 5 or 20--no matter how many years in, recovery from cigarette/nicotine addiction is possible one day at a time. 

Strudel

Welcome to the site! You will find plenty of great support here! Be sure to learn as much as you can about this addiction....check out Carr's book - "The Easy Way to Quit Smoking" - free download - 

http://media.wix.com/ugd/74fa87_2010cc5496521431188f905b7234a829.pdf