Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Firsts~ Please send prayers!

TerrieQuit
0 21 22

Hello Everyone! 

Well I am finding out that some firsts are harder than others. I got through Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and smoking friends and I have been fine.

I was gone for a while today and when I returned, there was a message on my phone that my 79 year old Mother and her husband were in a car accident yesterday. I called every one and no one is answering their phones, I left messages. I could just scream! The message said that he should be released later today, but Mom is pretty banged up and it will be at least Saturday before she gets out. I called the hospital and got the phone # for her room and called but the line is busy which is pretty typical for Mom cuz she takes her home phone off the hook all the time! This is all 45 minutes away from me and I can't get there. I am crying and very frustrated. I won't smoke because I will NOT do another day one. I am alone and I just needed to tell someone! I am so glad you all are here! Thank God for EX!

Please send prayers!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!             255  days free                     Terrie

21 Comments
Mike.n.Atlanta

Prayers for you & your family Terrie.

KOKO,

dpop
Stay strong. You are not alone. You definitely have my prayers!
flaroyale

I am very sorry you are going through this but am very proud of you for not smoking.  You are an inspiration. I will keep you in my prayers

Thomas3.20.2010

Praying for you and your Family, especially your Mother! Take very good care of Yourself, Terrie!

kristen-9-7-15

Hang in there, Terrie. Deep breaths. You are amazing! I hope everyone is ok.

Jennifer-Quit

So very sorry to hear this - I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Giulia

Crying's ok - smoking isn't.  And we know you won't.   Remember to take some deep breaths, they really do help.  Prayers going up.   Hang tough.

froguelady

I sent you a PM.

Puff-TM-Draggin

Dear God ...

4 Terrie and her mother.  You know what to do and all that ... so, if you would, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

Terrie.  God's gonna take care of it.

Be strong.

JACKIE1-25-15

Everything is going o be alright.  Love you the most.  Continuos thoughts and prayers for you.

bonniebee

so sorry about our Mom and glad you know that smoking will not help one bit I am praying for her and I hope you will be able to go see her soon ,

Stay Strong Terrie i am praying for you too

Legend

I'm sending prayers and I hope they both will be ok. 

MarilynH

Here's a (((((Huge gentle hug for you)))))-good thoughts and prayers going up for strength and healing for your mom and her husband. Deep breaths really do help relieve stress and I find I do become calmer. Sending positive vibes your way too Terrie! 

MarilynH

I love your new profile pic!!!!!

joycequit022316

Praying for your mother's healing and for peace for you, Terrie. Good for you for not smoking - that is an inspiration!

Joyce

NewMe

So sorry you have to go through this with no way to get to your family quickly. Sending positive thoughts and prayers for you, your mom, and stepdad. I hope they both recover quickly and fully. A big hug for you- wish I could do more for you.

YoungAtHeart

Sending up a prayer for you, your Mom and step-Dad. 

You have made it through other difficult times without smoking - this is just one more.

Slow, deep breaths; slow, deep breaths; slow, deep breaths ---- and if those don't work, try Elvan's method - clean your house from top to bottom!

I will keep you all close in my heart!

Nancy

JonesCarpeDiem

HHugs and Prayers

Barbara145

Hi Terrie.  Prayers going up for your Mom and Dad and you. I hope you truly know that smoking would not help you cope.  It would make copeing more difficult.  God will comfort you, let Him.  Thinking of you dear lady. 

elvan

Oh my dear, sweet Terrie.  I am so sorry you are going through this.  I promise to send prayers and more prayers for your mother and for you.  I am so proud of you for hanging onto your quit, not that I EVER thought that was in danger.  Having a family member ill or injured and far away is miserable.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Magstoyou

OH TERRIE

Sending Prayers your way for you and your Dad and Mom and family.

(((((((((((Huggs))))))))))))

Mag

About the Author
Hello, I am a 59 year old female, name Terrie, still growing up. I have moderate COPD. I am an oxygen patient, currently not in need of the 24/7 or night time oxygen. Thanks to all the great support and education I got here on EX. My original quit date was 07/06/15 on day 519 I relapsed and started over in less than 24 hours. I want to go to the great beyond being a former smoker and I shall! COPD is not choosy! and not pretty! May 1rst, 2017 I am using Dale's suggestion to put off a cigarette each time and I am down from 50 to 20. I am looking forward to my old(7-6-2015)/new quit date 7-6-2017 May 4th, 2017 I started with Marlboro reds. Nicotine is a very assinine addiction. Once addicted I found I would smoke any of it including the little cigar/cigarettes, and it's still true since I threw away my quit and stopped being true to myself. I will smoke ANYTHING with nicotine in it to get the fix. I hate smoking! I am not having a problem stopping it's staying stopped, that I am not doing! I do not buy anything but regular tobacco but if caught without it I will do anything except vape to get the fix. UPDATE POSTED 04/24/2018: Getting ready to set a quit date and begin again :)