cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

FIVE YEARS SMOBER

AnnetteMM
6 8 177

Merry Christmas to ME! I'm here today to celebrate my 5-year Anniversary being nicotine FREE!!!!

It was Christmas Day 2017 when I finally stopping putting nicotine into my body forever, in any form. It was an emotional ride, but when I found the Ex community in the new year I also found the strength to keep going. I can't thank you all enough for the steadfast support. There are many who never post anymore for whatever reason, and I do miss their voices. Of course, I did the same disappearing act this past year, so I can't really complain. 

So, for those who are still here and for those who aren't, THANK YOU for helping me find my freedom.

Special shout out to:  Ellen, Nancy, Dale, Jackie, Larry the Caravan Master, Giulia

Special remembrance for the Freedom Rides, the Bonfires, the weekly check-ins for those lost in the desert of No Man's Land.

8 Comments
About the Author
I became nicotine-free on Christmas Day 2017. That's what I use as my quit date. I had smoked cigarettes for 45 years, then vaped Juuls for a few months before quitting cold turkey when I used up my supply of pods. I am a retired widow, living in Upstate NY.