Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Death Makes Me

indingrl
3 8 144

Death Makes me prioritize my thoughts and to ask myself some questions

We received news last night that my sister in love Sue died yesterday morning

Sue was an X smoker and because she had to have brain surgery to remove cancerous tumors then she followed all the treatments etc and then it came back so she did everything the doctor told her to and with other diseases blood pressure cholesterol diabetes arthritis old age falling down and sores from diabetes on her legs and feet and also brain cancer she ended up at home with hubby taking care and nurses visits etc until hubby could no longer take care of his wife Sue 

He chose a nursing home that also had hospice available so as not to be shuffled here and there

She had three surgeries for bedsores her hubby said we're very deep and the last surgery the doctor told Tom it wouldn't be long Sue suffered for a lot of years 6 years  Ward remembers Sue dealing with the surgery for tumors on the brain and then another 2 years in hospice

Sue death makes me think of my mom and Ward's sister Judy who died of lung cancer from nicotine then all the deaths in our family and I think of my death unknown and my hubby death unknown and WHO will be first me or him 

We loving laugh and say me first lol

Humor sees us through the reality of Death

We know death will come for us and NOT once did I think of coping with my drug nicotine instead I lifted Sue hubby Tom and their 4 adult children and all the families in prayer 

Death makes me take MY own inventory having all my ducks in a row all legal paperwork and cremation done so my adult children will not have to pay for anything only by God's grace is MY belief and His tender mercies new every morning for ME 

Death makes me prayer for the next suffering nicotine peoples and their families too

I am grateful Sue is no longer suffering and I appreciate all those who read this and thank you becomeanX for this support group to stay NOPE one death at a time for ME

I have been coming here since October 2010 and try to come in His love and service to help the next suffering nicotine peoples

10-Fun-Happy-Saturday-Quotes-And-Sayings-50986-3.jpg

 Please tak what helps and let go of the rest to be helpful is MY only aim

Thank you everyone for teaching me to nope nope nope just like y'all just for today

8 Comments
jonimarie

@indingrl so sorry for your loss

YoungAtHeart

Sending a hug!  ❤️

81C5RlpzlSL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

SuzyQ411

@indingrl 

heart. creative.jpg

You are in my thoughts.

Sending love, hugs and prayers.

xox 

Maki

Please pass on my condolences to the family @indingrl  . Condolences  to you and your hubby as well . You are such a great support to others and they are blessed at this time to have you uplifting them with your prayers and loving care . 
You have given us all a great reminder that whether we are young or old , smokers , vape users or not , that we need to have our affairs in order . Death is something no one likes to talk about , but talking about it with family early , no matter what age , making wishes known and having as you say our ducks in a row can give us peace of mind to enjoy each living day we have moving forward . I am glad you have your faith @indingrl . She is no longer suffering and no pain and is completely surrounded by love here and above . 

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Prayers to you and your family @indingrl 

Quiana, EX Team

Barbara145

So sorry for your loss Diane Joy.  Thinking of you with love and prayers.

indingrl

7c3e9ab54ed350b8117df8bb73f0c802d18fb7a243eeca5785018c0589af354e.0.png

@jonimarie 

@YoungAtHeart 

@SuzyQ411 

@Maki 

@CommunityAdmin  Quiana

@Barbara145 

Gentle hugs everyone 

biscuit9

Thinking of you.  Knowing that you can laugh about death, because you know this earth is not our home.  This is not our final destination.  We wait on the Lord.  

About the Author
COLD TURKEY QUIT ON JANUARY 6 - 2011 and PRAISES FOR MY DADDY GOD AND THANKING MY MIGHTY HOLY SPIRIT IN ME - STAYING A NON SMOKER MOMENT BY MOMENT IN MY LORD JESUS NAME AMEN.