cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day Three and counting on more

skoshigirl
0 0 11
I made it! I feel so proud of myself. I have not gone without a cigarette this long in 19 years! When I walk out the door I don't have to think "Where are my cigarettes?" I actually JOGGED half the football field tonight. I was sitting at home watching the rain and thinking about going out to walk but didn't want to get wet. I couldn't sit here any more! It was like my body was telling me to go! It didn't care about the rain, it just needed its exercise fix! I love it. There are few times when I start to go outside to smoke a cigarette, and actually have to remember that I quit. Like after I get out of the shower, or after I eat. It is almost like losing a tooth, Your tongue keeps exploring the area where it once was for a while. Then over time, you stop. I think that is how this is going to be. After doing something for so many years, it is hard to imagine that you don't do it anymore. I feel prettier now too. I don't know if it is just the fact that I almost have conquered this nasty addiction has given me self esteem or If I actually look different. Either way, it feels great!