cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day Six retro

Snoopy2019
2 7 79

today I had some really intense cravings. I know that the cravings were emotionally connected and not physical. (I thought that I had written about this earlier but I can’t find it?  )

what I did think about was the day that I became addicted to cigarettes. I remember it distinctly. I was 13 and I had toyed with smoking off and on for about four years but I didn’t get addicted until this day.  On this day I was feeling lonely and depressed.  I went out for a walk and it was cold and dreary. I smoked my cigarette. After that day I began smoking on a regular basis. 

It did help today  for me to figure out when I became addicted. To remember that day. To remember those feelings. It was a sad day.  Those are the feelings that I am associating with smoking.... Lonliness and depression. 

I am going through some tough times now also. I think that this is why I quit smoking now. I know I will get through the tough  times.  When the tough times end and the good days begin, I want the good days to be without smoking. I associate smoking with being depressed and I understand why today.  

So yea I am thinking about smoking a lot today but I am also thinking of the retrospective of why I started. And how when I get through these tough days I will associate smoking with the bad days    When I get to the other side I want the good days to be smoke free... 

7 Comments
About the Author
I have smoked for almost 40 years ! Wow just realized how long I’ve actually been smoking. I have quit sooo many times and it is time to be real.