cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 7

WendyVergotine
0 6 24

I'm still going strong  though I have to add that it has not been easy. Most of my family smokes including my husband and the mere smell of a cigarette has been driving me insane. I have instead taken up a few new passions in order to keep my hands busy which is baking and cooking and even though I know i can maybe gain some weight, the fact is that I really don't care about that right now. I will worry about any weight later. I think right now, staying quit is good enough for me. I never thought I would be able to quit. I cannot even remember what my life was like before I started because I was so young so I really am discovering whole new me and I noticed that I have minimal mood swings. My husband is enjoying this. He is also thinking about quitting. I know the road is still long but thanks Ex team. You helped me to start walking the right path

6 Comments
jjbob

Hey Wendy.  I am 39 days into my quit and the smoke from my wifes cigarettes stinks so bad that I can't be around her when she smokes. So it will change from driving you insane (meaning, I assume you want one) to it smelling really bad.  Keep strong and remember it is worth it!!  N.O.P.E.

JonesCarpeDiem

Great!

Have your husband read my page. It may get him in the spirit when he see's this is common sense and there is a timeline.

WendyVergotine

Thanks so much for your  comments.  I sometimes feel alone until I come to read the blogs. This helps me so much. Thank you  guys

YoungAtHeart

Congratulations on making it through H#ll Week!  Now - on to Heck Week and the days and weeks and months to follow.

You are so right to tackle just one thing at a time.  When you are well into your quit, you will have more energy to start an exercise routine to knock off those extra pounds.  Your life will feel so much lighter without the drag of addiction!

Carry on!  Let us know if we can help.

Nancy

Jennifer-Quit

Good job!  You are right - you can tackle the weight thing later - right now just focus on the quitting!  Congratulations!

summer-07-06-15

Positive Attitude is the right way to go

Hard Work Pays Off