cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 600 !!! 600 days of wonderful freedom !!!

bonniebee
2 15 98

I want to thank everyone for all the nice comments on my Message board and on the Freedom Train I would have  liked to thank you individually but with my carpal tunnel I  thought I should write a blog to do it ! 🙂

I just read Sparky's blog and it got me thinking about the importance of commitment and NOPE or SINAO. I also loved to smoke and often thought of it as my best friend  . That best friend is really an enemy and a back- stabber . I began to have a real love/hate relationship and finally the scales tipped and I began to want to quit more than I wanted to smoke !

In other quits, before this one, I had in the back of my mind the possibility of  becoming a 'social smoker " you know , one of those " lucky ones " that just smoke on occasion or a few a week or maybe a few a day. Ah what a joke that is ! First of all I never really knew many of those ! Do they really exist ? I think I was more into wishful thinking !  

Addiction will make you think of all sorts of ideas to cling to your sickerettes ! I needed to change my thinking and make a real commitment to quitting and I finally did . Being on this site with so many wonderful and experienced quitters has really taught me to be committed and  protect my quit  at all costs . My roomy was smoking in the car today and she said " ya know it is really a miracle that you have done this" ( meaning even with her smoking around me all the time ) Well it is a miracle to me that the good lord helped me to find Ex ! You all Rock and I love you in the Lord !

Got to go before I tIme out and lose this blog !............. Good night ((((((HUGS )))))) to all !

15 Comments
Legend

WOOOHOOO!!!!!

Congratulations on 600 days!!!

I am very proud of you. 

JustSharon

​Bonnie, That 600 looks absolutely fantastic on you!

Mike.n.Atlanta

CONGRATULATIONS BONNIE!!!!!

Keep on keepin on,

shashort

Woohoo Bonnie Big Congratulations on those wonderful 600 days of freedom.  Thank you so much for being here and your support and help during my journey.

diminsion

Bonnie, Yay Yay Yay and a big Hooray...Good for you. Glad I know you. You are a true inspiration. Thanks and congrats....Linda

elvan

Big hugs back to you sweet Bonnie B!

sparky26

You Rock Bonnie  ! Woohoo congratulations on 600 day !  

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 600 days, Bonnie! Nice blog, nice quit!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

constanceclum

Congratulations Bonnie! So proud of you!

Connie

meWisconsin

Congratulations on your 600 days of freedom.

Terry

crazymama_Lori

congrats on the 600 days.  totally missed it due to an extremely busy day yesterday.  Yipppeee!!!!

Storm.3.1.14
CONGRATULATIONS, BONNIE!!!!!!
Daniela2016

Congratulations Bonnie!

Image result for congratulations 600

MarilynH

Congratulations my Bonnie B on your precious, stupendous, splendiferous, fantastic, fabulous, amazing, delightful, beautiful, marvelous, awesome, humongous, ginormous, wonderful, glorious and spectacular 600 smoke free days and counting WTG my dear friend and fellow Exer! ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

MarilynH

Oops 601 and going strong! ☺

About the Author
I am the Mother of 4 children , a Grandmother and Great Grandmother . I am a retired LNA /CNA and I live in South Western New Hampshire . I am a native of Martha's Vineyard Island . My room mate Karen and I have 6 pets : Two dogs Lily and Jonah, one cat Olivia, two bunnies Lila and Emma and one guinea pig Allie . I enjoy reading ,knitting, walking, especially in the woods, at the river or the beach I also like taking photographs with my camera . I miss my family and my Island .