cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 154 - blech

DonnaMarie
6 13 132

Back to reality today, day 154 of my quit.

I spent a good number of hours with people from EX at VA Beach and yet, the strangest thing happened. From Pacific Avenue (one street over from the oceanfront) to the interstate heading home, I was urging like you wouldn't believe. I know why - I left my friends, other EX smokers; I was alone and no one would know. I fell back into my former way of thinking - no one will know. But you know what? I would know. By the time I reached Interstate 64 headed west, I had processed and moved on from the urge. Stupid addiction. I wish it would stop rearing its ugly head. Any why do I even begin to care that no one will know? That's just plain dumb. But that's being a smoker, whether you smoke or not. Making deals with the devil for just one. N.O.P.E. I don't do that anymore.

Sunday, I had a visit from the upset stomach gremlin. I thought it might have been something I ate while out wsoup.JPGith JACKIE1-25-15‌ Saturday afternoon, but it didn't hit her, so I'm not sure what bit me. I pretty much stayed home yesterday and tried not to be sick. Sleep is your friend sometimes! Today, it's still here, but not as bad, so maybe it's just a 24-hour something or other. In the meantime, it's Ramen and white food for another day. When I was a kid, my mom would make us bouillon with tiny noodles when we were sick. This is as close as I can come to having my mom take care of me

Today, though, I had errands that couldn't be put off, so got all that done and now I'm hanging at home and taking it easy. I know that the last of the EX7 group is leaving or has left Virginia Beach by this hour. Kind of bittersweet. A short time spent with such wonderful people. My message to all of them and that I need to do myself is to keep showing up for all of us. I don't think many people here have any idea what effect that have on quitters like me and everyone who signs on here at EX looking for a hand, a shoulder, an ear/eye.

And on that note, I think it's time to put my feet up and let the stomach rumbling subside.

Donna

Day 154

Photo credit

13 Comments
Mandolinrain

Sending much love and encouragement to you Donna. How wonderful you could join us. It was both our first times to meet these fine people. I need you and them as much as ever. I will always be an addict to nicotine. Together though, we are the glue found deep inside even when we are far away from each other to keep our strength strong.. Rest my friend, all is well. We are all here for each other and that gives me great comfort

indingrl

Amen - I love hot soup with lemon juice to soothe MY sore throat - I eat raw yellow onion to open my sinuses and drink MY water all this day long- YOU are not alone- I went into liver transplant HOSPITAL with MY daughter - healthy - and came OUT sick - so I too am taking care of ME with gentleness n kindness - rest on dear Donna- i BELIEVE MY body heals it self as i sleep- i love naps- thanks for sharing and CONGRATS on 154 days of FREEDOM- gentle hug.

sweetplt

Ah...Hope you start to feeling better...rest and eat your soup ... (sending healing vibes) ~ Colleen 168 DOF 

JACKIE1-25-15

Hope you feel better. 

Sootie

Hope you feel better Donna!! I got a bit of stomach trouble Saturday night also but THANKFULLY it was gone by Sunday. GREAT meeting you!!!

ltbrown022

I hope you feel better soon! And stay strong.

You said people on here don’t have an idea the effect they have on quitters, well you hit that on the head. And you are one of them! You have already had an effect on me. You helped me when I was having an especially rough time when you responded to my question last week. Thank you for that. Congrats on 154 DOF! Can’t wait to be as far as long as you. 

Valerie30

Hope you feel better DonnaMarie.  It gets better, keep on trucking and keep fighting, proud of you.  Day 154!  Woohoo, you got this.  I do understand the effect we have on one another.  I may not always show up on this site too often, but I'm here nevertheless.  Great meeting you!

Valerie30

Sootie

Valerie! Great meeting you this weekend!!!

elvan

You were like an angel swooping in to help anyone who needed it this weekend.  I cannot begin to thank you for helping me get to my room and survive the check in chaos.  I had an upset stomach Monday when we left the beach and I am sorry to say it is still lingering.  I don't think my digestive system understood the various food it was given and it is still not happy.  I don't remember the last time I was this exhausted and I really did not do anything.  I didn't stay up late, I napped...I hope this is gone in the next couple of days.

Love and hugs,

Ellen

Valerie30‌ It really was lovely to meet you!

DonnaMarie

The tummy trouble only lasted about 24 hours, so I'm sure it was something I ate. Today has been considerably better and even Richard said to me, "It's good to see you're back."

Donna

elvan

I think my body is just in shock, it will be back to normal...soon, I hope.

Giulia

Just getting closer to the bottom of my inbox (finally) and found this.  Glad you're over it now.  How wonderful it was  to meet you.  And how generous of you to shuttle people from the airport.  You're a gem!  

DonnaMarie

Back atcha!