Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Day 1

bilyana1609
4 6 172

So I quit! 

It is not even a full day.... my quit day for yesterday, but I got scared and moved one day to June 2.. this morning I woke up, ashamed, and said - I will not do this again, today is TheDayIQuit !

So I it is past 5PM now..I usually smoke almost a pack by this time. 

I drank way less coffee than usual - it does not taste nice. I have a headache - probably caffeine withdrawal too. 

I am just taking it 3 minutes at a time.. with each craving. And they are a lot. A LOT. SO MUCH. 

I found myself going to my "smoke spot" multiple times a day today without even realizing what I am doing. Good there are no cigarettes there now or I would have smoked.

I don't know yet how the evening will be. It gets worse as the day ends. Looks like every 5 minutes I deal with cravings, I am very nervous, irritated, and not nice to my kids. 

I feel like my privilege to smoke was taken away. I know that is not true. That quitting is my choice and the special thing I am doing FOR ME, for my happiness, for my future.  However, my smoker's brain keeps telling me that's not true and I will feel better smoking. 

All my day was about how I will pass the time the next 3 minutes. One craving at a time.  and again. and again.. 

I can't believe I made it until 5PM with no smoking.  I surprised myself. 

I know I must give myself more credit however I keep thinking I will fail. 

PS: I am using NRT patches and also used lozenges when I was totally going nuts. 

Tags (1)
6 Comments